VI

wednesday, 8:10am (the first time round)

"three days?" allison asked in pure disbelief. most people would to if they were just told that the end of mother nature and everyone living ends in literally seventy-two hours.

"that what they said," luther nodded.

"the old bastards did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it. they just left out the part about how soon," klaus added.

"but can we trust them? i don't know if you've noticed, but they're a little..." she pointed to her head and whistled.

"our little psychos!" klaus cooed with a smile on his face.

"they were pretty convincing. if they weren't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing them,"

"that's why they were after them?" diego asked. let just say, diego still hadn't forgiven them for what happened to patch, he was still angry and wanted to kill them both.

luther nodded. "what did they even see?" allison asked.

luther paused for a moment, "uh... apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible," he technically wasn't lying? he quickly got up and began pacing forward, "okay. so, here's the plan. we go through dad's research..."

everyone burst out into confused words, "hold on, hold on. wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick," klaus repeated, stopping luther. "what actually happened the first time around?"

"yeah. what are you not telling us? come on, big boy, spit it out," diego egged him on.

"we died," luther muttered before taking a quick drink of his coffee. everyones eyebrows furrowed.

"what was that?" allison asked

"i said, uh, we died..." everyone looked at luther gone-out. he held a tight lip smile, unsure of what to do in the situation they were currently in.

--

"i must admit, in all the time that i've been here, i've never met anyone quite like you two," the handler said, as they walked through the hallways. there had been many whispers about five and eight returning after they broke their contract, which the two clearly heard. "hazel and cha-cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but... they can't see the big picture. your spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if i may be so vainglorious. if things work out for you here, you could potentially make fine successors," god, why'd she have to always talk on and on.

"i'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience," five answered, "as well as this body replacement," he looked down at his and eight's body.

"such chutzpah. it's refreshing, i'll admit," she said, "slow down, five. all in good time! in fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world. the Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time line of events and mankind's free will. the briefcase is no longer part of your kit. free your mind!" she smiled. "you're management now. one of us. all the people on this floor are case managers, each one responsible for one major event at a time. so many of them. impressive, isn't it? being part of something... so grand!  come along!" god how long could this stupid tour go on for.

"whenever someone chooses the wrong path and the time line is changed, the commission gets a report from field agents on the ground. these field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager. they determine if anyone needs to be... removed from the equation to assure that their event happens as it should. based on that determination, the case manager sends instructions via pneumatic tube to... temporal assassins like you formerly were. any queries so far?" finally! we can speak