IV

eight had managed to find five not long after she left the academy. he was still sat in the van, but he had fell asleep, leaning on the window of the drivers side. his mouth was hanging open slightly, so eight guessed that he fell asleep on accident. but the way he slept was cute? sure, it sounded creepy, but it was cute. the way his hair fell out of its place and over his face was adorable.

eight decided that she should left five sleep for a while, he hadn't slept properly in a long time, so she kept a watch out for lance as he slept for a few hours.

as it reached around 1 o'clock in the afternoon, eight woke up five gently. "five, hey, wake up," she whispered. she shook him a few times causing him to stir before looking up and over to eight, who looked at him with a smile on her face. "morning sleeping beauty," she teased.

he rolled her eyes, trying to hid the smile when he realised it was her. "what's the time?" he asked. she showed him her watch, "seen anything?" eight shook her head.

"he's in there though," she said. five furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "senses and all that jazz," she reminded him, pointing towards her head. he nodded. eight suddenly saw a man in blue, who looked like lance. she focused in on him, "looks like we found our best pal lance!" she pointed him out and five grabbed onto her, waiting to blip into his car.

after a few seconds, eight was sat in the back seat of lances car while five sat in the passenger seat. eight nearly ended up sat on lance's dog, but just missed it. five pressed a knife to the side of his neck. "oh, jesus!" lance cried out.

"one chance! that's all you've got!" five threatened, pushing the knife further into his neck. eight ruffled the dogs ears playfully.

"awh! look at this dog five! you're a good-" eight read the name tag which was on his collar, "you're a good boy leo!" she cooed. five and lance did glance back at her and leo. five wanted to smile and admire how pretty she looked while she obsessed over a dog, but now wasn't the time.

"yes adorable eight. one chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab!" five carried on, turning his eyes back to lance who sat there shaking in fear.

"i-i manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients!" he stuttered. "i bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market!"

"lance, can i keep leo?" eight asked randomly. lance's eyes widened and he shook his head slightly, too threatened by five to actually get his dog away from the crazy woman who sat in the back of his car.

"eight, love. not the time," five said in a tight lip smile, "including eyeballs?"

"yeah, they're my biggest seller! i mean, they sell like hotcakes!" he laughed nervously, "i-i've got a list, a waiting list, probably twenty buyers," he explained.

"so, the serial number i told you..." five trailed off. eight perked into the conversation, realising she probably should be paying attention instead of giving her attention to the insanely cute dog with was looking at her with puppy dog eyes.

"uh, could've already been bought. yes, off-off the books," he was nervous. well, most people would. if an angry, crazy, unique? looking teenager held a knife up to your throat and was threatening you, most people would be.

"we needed that list, lance. names and numbers, and we need it now!" five demanded.

"i don't have it! i mean, not on me. the only copy's in my safe at the lab," great.

"well, you start the car, then. cause we're going on a field trip!" five stated. lance nodded quickly, as five slowly moved the knife away from his neck while he did his seatbelt up.