Prologue

Random nightwing POV

i bringing the nightwing egg that was supposed to be in the "prophesy" to the cave where the talons of peace will raise the dragonets of destiny. morrowseer gave me another dragon egg to give to them but it is one i have never seen before. it was a light brown color and smooth, it had a pattern similar to tree bark. he wanted them to raise the dragon that hatched from it, so he could figure out what it was.

"There's something over here!!". i hid myself the best i could into some shadows and waited for the skywings to pass by. skywing guards have started searching more for the talons of peace ever since burn killed the skywing egg that going to hatch on the brightest night. "do we have to go after everything we see or hear" one complained.

"yes, so queen burn can win this war". they landed across the clearing from me, not knowing i was there. they looked around for a little bit but never found me. "let's go back to the post, there's nothing here" one said then they flew off. i waited until i could no longer hear their wing beats before i came out of hiding. 

i quietly made my way over to the hidden cave without being seen. i pushed the rock out of the way the best i could. i walked inside and gave the eggs to the three dragons. i started to leave. "what's with the other egg, i've never seen one like this." the skywing asked. "morrowseer wants you to raise it to see what it is. he knows it's a dragon, we just haven't seen one like that before. just go with it kestrel"

"fine, dune go put it with the others". the sandwing took the egg from her then left the room.

TIMESKIP 2 NIGHTS BEFORE BRIGHTEST NIGHT

Dune POV

i was sitting in a cave with kestrel, and webs discussing what to do with the dragonets once they hatch. kestrel was in the middle of speaking about something but little cracking noises distracted me from her. "do you hear something" i asked. "no" "nope" they said. "i hear cracking noises".

"That must be that other egg" webs said. we rushed over to where the eggs were to find five perfectly intact eggs and one broken egg but no dragonet in sight. "where did it go" webs asked. i saw something run behind a stalagmite. i looked behind it but there was nothing there, just a little puddle of drool. "AAAAAHH". i turn around to see kestrel laughing and a baby dragonet biting webs's tail.

 i turn around to see kestrel laughing and a baby dragonet biting webs's tail

"HELP, HELP, HELP" webs cried out. he managed to fling the dragonet off of him. "looks like we have a little fighter" kestrel said. the dragonet was looking at us and growling, while drooling. it kind of ruins the effect to intimidate us. "why do you think it drools so much" webs asked. "i don't know" i said. i approached it trying not to scare it away. it reeled back it's head as if something was wrong. then it sneezed letting out a plume of fire that ignited some saliva on the ground. kestrel walked past me and picked it up "i think we'll name you scorch".

END OF CHAPTER

sorry for the short chapter this is all that i could think of to put in here

but i hope you like the story so far

bye