Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Hurt"

"Lyn, you look exhausted, did you get any sleep last night?" Micheal said when T'lyn sat down next to her with her breakfast. "I tried to come up with a logical explanation to why Spock has not said anything to us, it was haunting my mind." T'lyn answered whilst eating her breakfast. "Don't let it haunt your mind too much, you still need to focus on your work." Micheal told her. They ate their breakfast in silence after that, neither of them wanting to speak about the questions they were both wondering about Spock.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

It was the time for them to go to the mycelial network to find Tilly. Captain Pike ordered that T'lyn should come long because she has no personal connection with Tilly and as she was part vulcan it helped that she would think with logic before her human emotions. Captain Pike knows that she wouldn't let personal connections influence her decision making. She had a suspicion that it was because Captain Pike didn't really trust her after everything that happened between them on the Enterprise, and he wanted someone to keep her under control. But she chose to keep her suspicions to herself to not make people question why Captain Pike didn't trust her.

"The mycelial network attacks anything that is foreign to it. These suits will protect us against the mycelial network." T'lyn said as she handed the suits to Stamets and Burnham. "Saru modified these communicators so we can communicate with Discovery while we are in the mycelial network." Michael said and handed the communicators to both T'lyn and Stamets. They all got changed into the suits and walked into the cube. "This is the only place where it is safe to go to the mycelial network." he said and motioned us to go inside the cube. It was time to leave to find Tilly.

When they had arrived at the mycelial network they all grabbed their phasers and started searching the ship. Suddenly they heard two voices. They walked around a corner to get closer to the voices, and found ensign Tilly and May. May kept screaming that there was a monster attacking the mycelial network. No one was certain what May ment, but if searching for this so-called monster was the way to get Tilly back they would search for this monster. They followed May to find the monster. After some time, they found the so-called monster. Tilly, Stamets and Michael all recognised the 'monster'. It turned out that the so-called monster was Hugh Colber, who looked completely traumatised and scared. May kept screaming at them to kill him, that he was a monster, that he was ruining the mycelial network and needed to be killed. However, everyone refused to kill him, he was one of the crew after all. T'lyn tried thinking of an explanation to why this happened and why he was called a monster.

She got her answer after May said that what he was covered in was lethal to her kind, that was when it clicked for T'lyn. "He is only protecting himself, May" T'lyn told May. "NO! He is killing us all" May shot back at T'lyn pointing her phaser towards her. "You said that what he is covered in is lethal to your kind. That is his way of protecting himself, since you attack everything that arrives at the mycelial network. He covered himself in this to survive" T'lyn explained to May, trying to get her to understand. But May refused and got even more mad. "You know nothing of what is happening here, you are just an outsider!" May screamed at her, and just like that May pulled the trigger of the phaser she held and shot T'lyn in the side.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

When T'lyn opened her eyes everything was light and blurry. She couldn't move, as soon as she took a breath her whole body screamed with pain. "Can you hear me T'lyn?" Dr.Pollard asked her. T'lyn didn't trust her voice so all she did was give a slow nod. "You were asleep for a week, and someone is here to see you" Dr.Pollard said as she turned to Michael. "Hey" Michael said as she arrived beside T'lyn. "What did I miss?" T'lyn asked with a very raspy voice. "We went on a mission on kaminar, you can read the reports later if you want to. But I have a lead on Spock and I am going back to Vulcan." Michael said, giving T'lyn a glass of water. "Can I come along?" T'lyn asked after taking a sip of water. "Sure, I was gonna ask you anyway. Plus I already asked Captain Pike if we both can get a week of leave and he agreed."

A few hours later the two women were sitting in the shuttle, setting the course for Vulcan. Both nervous, excited and scared of what they would find on Vulcan. T'lyn was reading the reports of what she missed whilst she was in a coma, taking notes on what she needs to research more on when she arrives back on discovery. Micheal kept reading Spock's medical logs, checking if she had missed anything when she read them previously.