chapter 5

Sunday

Rika POV

Me and Satoko went outside to see Keiichi, Rena, and Mion on a picnic. "HEY!" Satoko calls out, grabbing their attention. "what are you doing?! This is our property and you didn't even invite us!" "hey, this is a public place!" Keiichi argued.

After a lot of fun, me and Satoko head back home and hear the phone ring.

"I'll get it!" Satoko insists. "Okay, sir!"

Rika can't hear what Teppei is saying btw

Satoko POV :

"OI! BRAT!" The person on the phone yelled. That mean voice was very familiar, but I had hope that it wasn't who I thought it was. "I'm not a brat! who even is this?!" "I'm movin' back to Hinamizawa! You're gonna live with me!" He angrily demands. "no! I'm not!" "fine, ill destroy satoshis room or whatever.." "fine! I'll live with you!" "I arrive to hinamizawa tomorrow."

I go to Rika, who didn't hear anything I said to the person on the phone. Though, I wouldn't consider him a person. He's an evil man..

I don't wanna tell Rika.

I really don't.

But I have to.

"Rika.." I say out of the blue while behind her, startling her, who was cooking. "Is something wrong?" She asks. I don't wanna tell her, nor do I wanna leave her. I don't wanna do this. I love Rika. I wanna live with Rika for eternity. I don't ever wanna leave her. I wish I had a choice in this. "Satoko?" "Rika, the person on the phone was my uncle. He's moving back here. I'm gonna live with him." I state. Rika at first had been smiling, but that smile faded quickly. "no.. You don't have to! He's a terrible man!" She protests. "he said he'll destroy my Nii-nii's room. I really have no choice." Rika went silent. "Plus, living with family is normal.. Isnt it?" "no..! He's not your family! Family doesn't treat each other like the way he treated you and Satoshi! There's no excuse for his actions! He treated you and Satoshi so cruel!" She states. "I'm gonna pack my things. I leave tomorrow. We can hopefully still walk to school together, maybe.."

Soon, I got finished packing my stuff.

Then, it was nighttime.

I got in bed, rika did too. "Goodnight, Rika.." "goodnight, satoko."