chapter 4

Saturday morning, rika pic

The week is flying by really quickly. I gazed at the sky, having peaceful thoughts when suddenly a voice spoke, startling me. "Rika, do you think Nii-nii will come back?" Satoko asks. I then face her. "Of course I do!" I then pat her head, attempting to comfort her.

"he cares about you, Satoko!" "it's been so long though.. He most likely started a new life and forgot about me." "what makes you think that, Satoko?" I ask. "It's all because I depended on him." She sighs, with a sad face.

"Maybe he did leave you, but him leaving taught you something special. One that you wouldn't have learned if he didn't leave. You also learned how to cook but most of all you learned not to depend on others as much as you did on him. And despite everything, he will come back!" I state. "Thank you, rika." Satoko then smiles, brightening up a little. "You also learned to be stronger, sir!" I add in, then I hug her, her hugging me back. "He'll be really proud of you when he comes back! I'm sure of it!" "So, who's making breakfast today? You or me?" Satoko asks. "I'll make breakfast today, sir! You don't worry about it!" I assure her as I begin to make breakfast.

Mion POV:

I lay down on my bed as I hear the phone ringing. I go and pick the phone up and answer the call. "Sonozaki residence." "sis? Is that you?" The person on the call asks "is this shion? If so, yes." I respond. "Well, I've been thinking of attending Watanagashi this year." She states. "oh, that's fine! Anything else?" "ah! I also called you to ask how Satoko is doing." "oh. She's good! Why?" I ask. "Was just worried about my cute little sister!" She answers in a very cheerful tone.

Shion and Satoko weren't related or really sisters, but despite that fact, they have a big sister and little sister relationship. But it would be easy to see at first glance that they're sisters with the way they act towards each other. "bye sis!" "Bye!" She says, hanging up.