Misunderstandings Break Hearts

Hamza goes home after dropping Rumi but feels really bad about the way he treated her. He decides that he will go to her first thing in the morning and apologize, since they all had a very good time but he messed it up.

In the morning Hamza gets ready, and looks a little more handsome than usual as he wants to drop by the hospital to meet Rumi, before going to the office. He seems happy and excited as he is rubbing the ittar (perfume oil) on his neck and wrists.

 He seems happy and excited as he is rubbing the ittar (perfume oil) on his neck and wrists

Later in the morning, he goes to the hospital. With flowers in hands, he looks for Rumi, but he doesn't find her.

After a while of searching, he sees Rumi. She has her back turned on Hamza. As he walks towards her, he sees that there's a guy who's holding her from her shoulders. He's the same guy who was with her the other day. It looks like he is consoling her while she's crying. He makes her sit on the chair and offers her water.

As Hamza stands there frozen, he feels like he's having a Deja Vu, only except this time it's another guy with Rumi. He has no expression on his face as the rage overpowers his emotions,his breath so loud. Someone bumps into him making him come to the reality.

He then goes straight up to the guy. Rumi is surprised to see him.
"Hamza tum yahaan kai-?" Rumi says but her question gets interrupted by Hamza grabbing the guy from his collar and shouting.
"-Haath kaise lagaya usse? Biwi hai woh meri!"
"Yeh kya ho gaya hai tumhein, chhodo Hamza!"
"Mainnnnn kucchhhhh pooochh rahaaaa hooooon!!!!" Hamza shouts each word one by one, totally losing it as Bilal is so shocked that someone he doesn't even know is harrassing him out of nowhere.
"Hamza tumhein meri kasam chhodo inhein." Rumi says hanging onto Hamza's arm.
"Inhein? Yeh hai kaun Rumi?" He shouts, eyes bulging out. with rage.
"Azeem bhai ke rishtedaar hain yeh, please chhodo!"
"Toh isne tumhein kyun haath lagaaya, dilaase kyun de raha thaa?" Hamza still has his hands on Bilal's collar.
"Hamza isse pehle security guards aa jayein, Khuda ka waasta hai chhod do ihnein aur chale jaao yahan se."
"Mera jawaab do Rumi."
"Shaadi ho rahi hai meri Rumaisa ji se." Bilal answers, thinking that Hamza might be Rumi's abusive ex-husband, and by saying this he can ward Hamza off.

Rumi looks at Bilal with disappointment as she never expected he would say that, even if there was a bleak possibility of that happening.

Hamza lets go of Bilal's collar as security guards approach and warn him to leave the hospital premises.
While the security guard is talking to Hamza, he looks at Rumi, heartbroken, shattered, that Rumi was finally moving on with someone else. The thought of this used to haunt him, and now it's in front of his eyes.

He's not moving, not saying a word, and probably not even blinking as steady tears flow from his eyes. He senses that if it hadn't been true what Bilal said, then Rumi would've said so. But he senses something else in her eyes, almost like a sense of giving up and being fed up with him. He doesn't see her love for him in her eyes anymore. It's a feeling of shame or sadness that he thinks looms over her because of him and how much he has humiliated her.

His eyes still fixed in Rumi's eyes, he grabs her hand and takes her with him. Rumi does not oppose. Bilal calls out to her thinking he's forcing her and she might not be safe with Hamza. Rumi gestures him that it's okay, because now she has answers to give Hamza, otherwise she won't be at peace.

Hamza is wiping his tears, with Rumi's hand in his hand. They go outside to his car. He opens the car door for her but doesn't say anything. She looks at Hamza, gasps and sits inside. Hamza gets in as well and drives off.

He's driving way above the speed limit and doesn't utter a word.

"Hamza drive slowly."

"Hamza main kuchh keh rahi hun. Kab khatam hogaa yeh sab? Kab tak karte rahoge aise? Dheere chalaao please  khud bhi maroge mujhe bhi maaroge."

Hamza looks at Rumi but still doesn't respond. He finally parks into the driveway of his home.

"Yahaan kyun lekar aaye ho? Hamza bolo kuchh main tumse baat kar rahi hun."

Hamza gets out of the car, opens Rumi's door.  She still had seat belt on, so he hunches over into the car, brushing so close to her, releasing her seat belt. Rumi looks at Hamza's face so close to her that she can smell the perfume on his neck and feel his breath. He takes her hand again, Rumi gets out and he closes the door. Rumi feels so confused and speechless at this behavior of Hamza and wonders what he is doing.

He opens the house door with one hand, with other hand still grabbing Rumi's. They go in, it seems his family's not home. He takes her straight upstairs and finally into his room.

As soon as Rumi enters, Hamza lets go of her hand. Rumi's eyes are in a state of utter shock. She feels numb, while emotions in her heart are rushing to the point that she's having a sinking feeling.

The whole room was decorated with Rumi's pictures on all four walls. There were big frames and all of them had Rumi's close-up pictures. Some of the smaller frames has both of their pictures as well. There's a really big picture of her just above the bed, which is decorated with lights all around.

Rumi looks at all these pictures and almost feels like she's not looking at herself but at someone else, who wasn't there anymore

Rumi looks at all these pictures and almost feels like she's not looking at herself but at someone else, who wasn't there anymore. The Rumi who would make jokes with everyone, fight for little things and love everyone freely was gone. She feels so bad for herself, how love and lies changed her. 

One of the shelves in the room has so many cards, she goes closer to it and sees that they are all their anniversary, her birthday and Valentine's cards, displayed beautifully. But the one on the top is the card she gave Hamza, for their child. She also sees the dresser almost the same as the one their room had in Pakistan, where she would get ready. She feels so overwhelmed at all this when she sees Hamza get to his knees in front of her.

He holds her hands, almost looking like begging her for something. He looks up into her eyes, falling apart and sees Rumi crying. 

He looks down, puts her hands on his forehead and says, "Mat karo shaadi, main jeete jee mar jaounga."

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|