The never ending pain

••••2 years later••••
"Rumi, Rumi beta?"
"Ji ammi"
"Beta I finished my medicine yesterday, can you go and get it from the pharmacy? It will close soon."
"Ammi, why didn't you tell me before?"
"Beta I forgot to tell you, what can I do, I'm old now."
"Please, no excuses for medicine." She said as she took her dupatta and some money and rushed to the door.
And there she was, the woman he ever loved, rushing somewhere with her hair freely flowing with the wind, and her hands which keep on fixing the dupatta again and again, she seems worried and stressed.
"Even though I can't see from up-close, I know her eyes are puffed and red. I know she cries and hurts every day, and then I come here every day to be close to her and repent what I've done." Hamza thinks to himself as he looks at her from a distance, with tears in his eyes.

"Why do you even go there? She doesn't even bother about you and she has moved on." Sharib, his college best friend exclaims.
"How do you know she has moved on? I go there everyday and I feel the pain she is going through even though I can't see her, can't stop her tears. Mera dil roz tukde tukde hota hai Sharib (my heart breaks into pieces everyday)." Hamza cries.
"You have to accept the reality that she does not want anything to do with you. And you need to stop going there and think about yourself for once Hamza."
"If you've come here to say that then you can leave. If I'm alive it's only because of the hope that one day Allah shall forgive me when I have paid for my sins. Woh apne logon ko maaf karta hai naa Sharib (He forgives his people right)? I'm not begging for her love, I just want her to forgive me, so that I can show my face to Allah when I go there." Hamza said with red, teary eyes.

Sharib looks at his friend, confused and feeling pity for him, "He's not that Hamza anymore who used to fight with people over little things and would avenge every thing done to him. How is he quiet now, why is he not fighting with his destiny for Rumi? Or maybe, he has known the meaning of what true love means. With Hamna, he was this overly-possessive, infuriated person but I guess love teaches you to to be patient and brings you more and more close to the Almighty. When he was falling for Rumi and I pointed that out, he defended himself saying he has no place for love. That was the day I knew this love and the revenge he's taking would destroy his life"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It is raining very hard today and the lightening is striking. Hamza parks the car near Rumi's house again and waits for her like every day, knowing that it isn't even possible for her to come out today because of the weather. Love teaches patience and hope.
He almost falls asleep when he thinks he sees Rumi. He rubs his eyes and opens them wide to not to think that he's dreaming.
There she is again, on the roof top. Soaking wet and shivering from the cold, sobbing and screaming, letting her tears flow freely along with the rain. She looks at the sky and lets out a sob again as if she's talking to Allah.
"Aey Khuda, why me?  Maine kisi ka kya bigada tha (what wrong have I done to anyone)? You took away my father, my only strength and then my child? Whatever you have done to me O Khuda, I have no more will left to live. Aap ley kyu nahi jaate mujhe apne paass (why don't you take me to you)?" Rumi shouts.

Rumi wipes her eyes and pushes back her hair and looks down.
There is someone looking at her from across the street. The car is familiar. She stops crying and goes back into the house.
Hamza lets out the frustration of not being able to be with his wife and feels helpess. He punches the steering wheel and then places his head on it and weeps like a child.
There is a knock on the window. It might be someone asking him to move the car. Hamza doesn't have the strength to look up but rolls his window down and says, "Sorry, I will move the car right now."
"...Aur wapis mat aana kabhi (and don't ever come back)." A woman states.
Hamza looks up and freezes right there. His red eyes looking right into Rumi's eyes for the first time in 2 years. The 2 worst years of his life that felt like a lifetime.
"Rumaisa! T- Tum yahaan? Please tum bheeg rahi ho please 2 minute meri baat sunlo gaadi mein baith kar main yahaan se chala jaunga ussi waqt (you're here? you are soaking in the rain please sit in the car and listen to me for 2 minutes only and then I'll go immediately).
Rumi stares at him for a while with a blank expression and comes around the car, opens the door and sits inside.
"This isn't like Rumi, she wouldn't just agree to me and sit in my car. Is there something else she has to say? Hamza thinks as he composes himself and wipes his face.
"Is she coming back to me or going farther away?"
__________________________________

Hi guys, how was the very first chapter of the continued story? Please bear with me as I develop their characters. The original drama was mainly about revenge and hate, but this one will be about love, patience, hope and everything that comes with it. Stay tuned I will be updating chapters frequently. 🥰