𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎 » 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐠 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥

Warnings: mentions of readers death

Dedicated to every single one of you <3 Thank you so much for reading and sticking with this fic! I love you all dearly. This is the fist fic I've actually finished and I couldn't be prouder of myself, and it's all because of you! 

The eternals were all gathered around the meeting room they were in the day before, discussing what research they had done on Thena's episodes, attempting to figure out how to stop it from happening to anyone else

The eternals were all gathered around the meeting room they were in the day before, discussing what research they had done on Thena's episodes, attempting to figure out how to stop it from happening to anyone else. They all came up empty handed, unsure as nothing like this had been reported in human history. But of course, Thena wasn't human. Druig reminded them of this, that human ailments would not be the cause... but no one had listened.

Thena was growing impatient, as the guilt overflowed inside of her.

"Ajak, please, you have to examine what's wrong with my head," Thena pleaded. She sat herself up on the slab you had laid on only yesterday. Druig had to look away, the memory of you was too much for him to handle. It had only been 24 hours, but he could not get the sight of you in your final moments out of his head.

Thena laid down, and Ajak ran her hand over Thena's head. It took a few moments to feel deep enough. Finally, Ajak could get a clearer picture of what was going on inside her mind as she felt the vibrations of her mind fracturing underneath her hand. Mad Wry'ry. She had heard of it before in passing from Arishem, but didn't think it was real. She tapped Thena's shoulder, signaling her that she was all done.

"Thena, dear. You have Mad Wry'ry. Something must have gone wrong the last time Arishem cleared your memories. Your mind is fracturing under the weight of your memories. All I can do is erase them so that you can start over. I will have to inform Arishem."

"But she won't be Thena anymore." Makkari signed. A few of the eternals nodded in agreement, looking at Thena solemnly.

"Yea? What if it happens again,? What's stopping her from killing any of us now that she killed Y/N. " Druig spat, anger flowing through his veins.

"Please... please I want to remember. I want to remember my life," Thena begged, looking to Gilgamesh for support.

"Thena, I love you. But listen to me. It's not important if you remember or not, your spirit will remain. You will always be Thena deep inside. Trust me." Ajak said, placing a hand on hers.

"Trust you? Why should she trust you? You've done nothing to help her in the past. You let this happen, Ajak, you could have prevented this!" Druig's anger only grew as the seconds passed, his mind wandering back to the memories of you, lying in his arms, cold and gray, and then to them memories of him pleading with Ajak to help Thena.

"Druig, I know you're upset, but..."

"Upset?!" Druig yelled, cutting Ajak off.

"We've trusted you for 7,000 years, and look where you've gotten us. I've watched humans destroy each other when I could stop it all in a heartbeat. Do you know what that does to someone after centuries? I had to watch the love of my life die because of you, Ajak. Because you wouldn't figure this out sooner! This is your fault. Could our mission have been a mistake? Are we really helping these people build a better world, huh? We're just like the soldiers down there. Pawns to their leaders. Blinded by loyalty. I warned you so many times!"