𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎 » 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐠 | 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

WARNING:

If you haven't already, check out this tiktok (https://www.tiktok.com/@deenaromanoff/video/7053394617718344986?_t=8Px4o9HiYVK&_r=1)   before reading. The follow chapter describes death of the reader. If death is triggering to you, please do not read. I am so sorry. I will be paying for therapy by giving a beautiful ending to this story- that is right, it's not over yet! hold on to some hope! <3

Word count: 3k | Feedback is greatly appreciated.

You had never given much thought to how you would die

You had never given much thought to how you would die. You assumed it would be when Arishem no longer needed you, returning you to the planet you were from for you to live organically until you passed of natural causes. Of course, you didn't know what planet you actually came from, but you assumed you had to have come from somewhere.

There would be a funeral, and all your loved ones would surround you, singing songs of praise and love to you as they disposed of your body in whatever customs that planet had set for the dead. You hoped you would be remembered well beyond the time you died, stories of who you were being passed down for generations.

So when you were faced with death prematurely, it riddled your body with anxiety, every fiber of your body ached, afraid for what was to come. Your vision ceased, and Druig's piercing scream faded away.

***

The two of you had returned to the Domo in the early afternoon, after packing up the picnic materials from your date the night before. When you had returned, you were shocked to find the Eternals gathered inside the common room, yelling at one another.

It was hard to make out what they were yelling about, as all of their voices overlapped one another.

Makkari caught your eye, and quickly ran over to where the two of you, loomed quietly in the entryway.

"What is going on?" You signed.

"Thena is getting worse. She attacked me yesterday. Today she almost attacked Sersi. She thinks we're threats," Makkari explained.

"This is so strange," you said quietly.

"You!" Thena yelled, pointing a finger in your direction. You gulped.

"What Thena?"

"All of this started when you came! This is your fault." She was in tears, a sight you had never seen before. Thena was breaking down right in front of you, falling to her knees and holding her head. You wanted to rush to her side instinctively, holding her close. But your thoughts were flooded instantly with memories of Thena attacking you. They had small golden streaks running through them, and you knew exactly who was behind this. Druig.