𝙻𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎 » 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐠 | 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈: 𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 

1520 CE ; Aztec Empire

Loving Druig was easy. So easy, in fact, that after a millennium, it felt like no time had passed at all. As if you had only just met yesterday. Civilizations came and went, rules and customs changing along with them. But your love for each other stayed consistent through it all, only growing in passion, lust, and vigor. Your once stolen kisses turned public as you no longer wanted to hide your affections towards each other. Your once secret affair was now a very much public one, a love that inspired the civilizations to write stories of romance.

To mere humans, a millennium was a fantasy, something that brought about stories of a "cure" for mortality. You were aware of the tremendous luck you had to have known your lover for so long; to have eternity with him. Throughout time, you were made constantly aware as friends you made discovered love for themselves, only to pass what felt like moments later. Every time Druig would hold you close, knowing your affections for the humans surpassed anything he ever felt.

But within that same millennium where your love with Druig grew, your tense relationship with the eternals only deteriorated. Thena's visions worsened, causing sporadic attacks from her which you easily defended yourself against. Druig always ended it though, flooding Thena's mind with a peaceful lullaby he found to be successful. One of the more recent times, Druig had slipped into Thena's mind, only to hear the same whispers that once plagued your mind, afflicting hers. He brought it to Ajak's attention who just brushed it off. This infuriated him, but he kept quiet, thinking Ajak had a reason to keep it discrete.

So he vowed to always make sure he was there to help Thena come back to herself. Only a small part of him did it to protect you- he knew you could take her on your own now without help. His main reason was to protect Thena- not wanting her to ever feel like you once felt- especially knowing he was the only one that could stop it. That guilt would have been too much for him to handle, and he knew Thena was always grateful for his interference- even if she didn't directly say so- he could hear it in her mind; the whispered 'thank you's' in her own voice.

By this point, the eternals hadn't seen a deviant in centuries and had started to turn their attention to helping civilizations grow. Phastos created exquisite creations as gifts to the humans, wanting to help them progress as much as he could.

The eternals had also officially moved back into the Domo instead of residing in the villages and empires they were helping. Since they travelled so often, it just made sense. However, there was not a spare room for you since Phasto's didn't want to give up his second office. But you didn't mind, you preferred to share a room with your lover anyways.

The last millennium had been alright- you became used to the distrust from the others, and while it annoyed you, you just kept to yourself, letting Druig take up every thought and feeling in your body.