Chapter 30

Warning! Read at your own risk.

Rufus held the lord's waist and hand while both were walking on the alley of the palace. The lights didn't help the lord's blurry eyesight caused by the strong liquor he drank together with the king.

"My lord, please stop moving your head." Rufus whispered in a deep voice.

"My neck is burning and my ears... and face, so hot." Idris said, while moving his head.

Rufus didn't reply and just sigh, still patiently assisting his master to his room.

He carefully dropped the drunk lord on his huge bed.

"I'll remove your shoes and coat now, my lord." Rufus informed even though the man he's serving's too drunk to even understand.

"Hmmm." Idris felt the gentle warm hands of a person moving on his shoulders and back.

"My lord, please lay on your stomach so I can remove your coat..." Rufus said tiredly while watching his master, squirming while complaining about how hot his body is.

"I want... shower." Idris said and forced himself to sit on the bed.

"Right now, my lord?" Rufus asked in surprise, he glanced at the glass window and saw how dark it was. Idris might get sick if he insisted on taking a shower. He isn't afraid to get scolded by James if that happens, but he couldn't bear to watch his master get sick.

The latter ignored Rufus' questions then started to pull off his clothes. Rufus saw his struggling master but instead of helping him he just stopped the man from taking off his clothes.

"My lord please." he pleaded but the man brushed his hands off.

"I said, I want shower, James!" the man shouted, Rufus became worried because of Idris' loud voice. It's too late to make a ruckus.

"I'm not James, my lord." he said in a calm tone.

"Not James?" the man asked silently, "Who you might be, then?" Idris stopped himself from stripping then caught his chin using his palm.

"I am Rufus."

"Who... Rufus? The newly hired gardener?"

"That's right." Rufus agreed, trying to calm his employer by talking to him so the man would not make any scene. Rufus knelt then untied the lord's shoes and pulled it off from his feet.

"I see... Rufus, are you the Rufus who kissed the marquess?" Idris asked, that made the man stop.

"I didn't kiss the marquess, my lord."

"You're lying."

"I am not."

"Whatever, you're lying."

Rufus just sighed and didn't bother to answer.

"... me then." Rufus looked up when Idris mumbled something he didn't hear clearly.

"Again, my lord."

"Kiss me then."

"Wha-"

The bigger man failed to finish his word because the young lord leaned down to reach his servant's lips but since he's still drunk and dizzy his lips landed on Rufus' cheek, near the man's lip.

He felt his lord nipping his cheeks, he wanted to laugh but now's not the right time to do that. Just once.

Rufus' tilted his head and connected his lips on Idris'.

He was about to pull his face so he can finally leave the drunk lord, but the smaller man caught his face and pressed it on his even more. Idris initiated to deepen their kiss, and the man didn't budge. He didn't bother to push the lord or stop him. He likes it. He knows that he's taking advantage of the lord's state, but he decided to face them later.