Chapter 15

"Lord Idris Gastrell has arrived!" A loud announcement was made when the wagon successfully entered the palace's enormous gate that was being surrounded by a group of guards.

Some soldiers ran towards the direction of the Lord's carriage while the others ran towards the entrance hall of the main palace to inform the attendant who was welcoming the guest and also to inform the king that one of his important guests had arrived in his palace.

The young master's attendant who maneuvered the wagon hop off the wagon's front and opened the door for the lord and for his co-attendant that will accompany Idris for the founding anniversary.

Idris pulled his coat a little when he got outside the wagon, he waited for his companion to get down and when he heard Rufus steps behind him, he continued to walk towards the entrance of the hall, guided by two tall guards.

"Lord Idris Gastrell from Gastrell's Household of the West!" The two men heard an announcement when they entered the hall's door. Most people looked at their way, giving the future duke a welcoming glance and smile.

Idris moved his eyes, all the aristocrats inside the huge hall were wearing such expensive clothes with pretty details, all women screamed power and elegance, while the men showed dominance and dignity. But Idris knew better, most guests are arrogant but won't show that side unless you're on the lower rank than themselves.

He picked a wine when a worker offered him one then looked at Rufus who's standing boredly with a blank expression on his face.

"Do you want a drink?" he asked, trying to entertain his companion.

"I have to decline, my lord." the man answered.

His brows furrowed upon hearing the man's answer, "You have to? And when did I restrict you from drinking?" he's a little annoyed, he doesn't want Rufus to feel out of place, especially with him by his side. He never restricted any of his attendants before, unlike some nobility who doesn't allow their employee to drink or eat in the main banquet, "But you want to drink?" he asked again, trying his luck for the second time, he's just hoping that Rufus won't get annoyed.

"No, my lord." the man answered in a deep and firm tone.

"Then why?

The man took a glance at the insisting lord in front of him before he looked away, "I'm here to assist and guide you, my lord."

Idris gave him a nod, a little convinced but not satisfied by his attendant's answer.

"Oh, don't bother. Have some fun, I'll be fine here." Idris said as he saw his group of friends, he glanced at Rufus for a second before walking towards their way.

But half on his way, Idris' eyes caught King Eurman who was looking at him deeply while walking down the stairs. He heard a gasp from his behind causing him to turn his head, to see who the person was who reacted that way.

It was Rufus. He still got that indifferent look while looking towards the king who became busy talking to some guests.

"Any problem?"

"Nothing, my lord."

"The king has arrived!"

All of them looked above, there, King Roy Albrecht descended while wearing a red-white cape and his royal crown.

"I'm glad that everyone is here to join me in this celebration, the founding anniversary of our palace, I am thankful to everyone who are present, the aristocrats and my people's presence are very important in this celebration, please continue to guide and support me until I descend from my position as your kings... or until I die." and the hall was filled with laughter after the dark humor made by the kin, "Sadly, the our imperial majesty, the emperor isn't here with us, but he sent us a letter, that we'll gladly read for everyone."

"Greetings to our youngest majesty and to our people, I, your Imperial Majesty, Emperor Adeodatus Brynjar Hilti-Carnegie, apologize for declining the invitation of our beloved King Roy Albrecht of the West. I won't be able to join the majesty and my people in the said celebration, because of my sudden duties as your ruler. But I am sending my regards to everyone and please accept the gifts that I've sent to the palace. Your imperial majesty will be forever indebted to all of you."

After reading the emperor's message all of them clapped and cheered for the missing emperor.

All of the aristocrats aren't surprised at all, the presence of the imperial majesty can be seen once in a blue moon, for them. The youngest title holders never saw the emperor in person, he has pictures on some books, but the man was too young in there. Their emperor is too busy handling overseas relations with the other nation. Even the old ones don't get much attention or regard from the emperor, he isn't a snob just distant. And that's no surprise on their part, being an emperor for the whole nation handling hundreds of people is not that easy. So, getting a recognition letter from the emperor is a big deal already. And because of the emperor's behavior there are also rumors going around how cold and merciless he is, that didn't reach the main palace of course.