Chapter Two

Cloud's POV

"Don't you... want to see the smile on Freya's face? Asked Rufus.

I froze at the door. How did he know about Freya? I thought. I turned around and faced him. "Where is she?!" I exclaimed.

"She's not here." He said.

"If she's not here, then why are you telling me this? I asked.

"Because... she was here in the morning." He said.

Freya's POV

"Because... she was here in the morning." Said Rufus.

"Did she say where she's going?" Asked Cloud.

Rufus shook his head no. "So back to the subject, will you join us, Cloud?" He asked.

Cloud thought for a moment. "But I..."

"Come on Cloud, think about it... together we can rebuild Shinra." Said Reno.

Cloud face turned into a furious look. "Not interested." He said as he walked out.

Rufus sighed. "Reno." We said in unison.

Rude turned to me. "Sorry Freya. You didn't get the chance to speak."

I sighed. "Its alright. Even though I speak, he'll recognize my voice." They nodded. I miss him so much. At least I get to see him. I wonder what Tifa is doing now.

"You miss him, don't you?" Asked Reno.

I nodded. "I have to admit, you and Cloud are cute together." Said Reno as he scratched behind his neck.

I blushed. "Reno. Not now."

Reno chuckled. "Don't worry, you'll get your chance." He said. I nodded.

Meanwhile....

Tifa's POV

I walked in Cloud's place. The church. Marlene came in behind me and I started to look around. There's flowers everywhere. It remind me of Aerith. And... Freya. Wondering what she's up to?

"Does Cloud live here?" Asked Marlene.

"I guess he does." I replied. I walked over to his mattress. Marlene and I saw a white bandage. He has the stigma too? I thought to myself.

Marlene grab it. "Its just like Denzel's, is Cloud sick?"

"Why didn't he just say something?" I mumbled.

"Did he leave because he's sick?" Asked Marlene.

"He just wants to fight alone."

"Fight?" Asked Marlene

"No... I don't think he will." I said slowly

Marlene just looks at me and she looked at a picture of a girl. "Tifa. Who's this?"

I look at her as she handed me the picture. I looked at it and it showed Freya. I smiled. Marlene was waiting for an answer. "This is the girl that I talked about yesterday." I said. "Freya Spirit Hunter."

Marlene looked at the picture again. "She's beautiful. Does Cloud like her?" She asked.

I smiled. "That's hard to tell. Freya left 3 years ago when Cloud came back home." I said.

"I like to meet her, someday." Said Marlene. "Sure you will. You will love her." I said as I patted her head. I looked around. "Let's go back Marlene." I said. But she ran away from me.

"We can't! Cloud's not here yet." She said.

I sighed. "I know sweetie... I miss him too."

"You do?" She asked.

"Hehe... I'm not the only one. Freya misses him too I bet." I replied. "So, if Cloud comes back..."

"we'll be together again... along with Freya." Said Marlene.

"Not until he... gets a lecture." I said.

"Uh huh." She replied. Raising her hand.

Back at Rufu's place...

Freya POV

I was in my room, thinking. Cloud has changed... a lot. I went back downstairs and saw Reno, lying on the couch. And Rude was standing there at the window.

"Now we just have to find Tseng and Elena... the others employees give you any leads?" He asked.

"Nothing yet." Replied Rude.

Reno started to put his hands behind his head. "Who would've thought, Shinra's employee return to work. Now that's dedication. I'm telling you this is going to be a fresh start." Said Reno.

"Well, those who are alive have a lot to atone for." Said Rude.

Reno sighed. "Its been 2 years already huh? The world was almost done for. And we're part of it... seriously though, how are we supposed to atone for that? Too bad the directors not around." Said Reno.

He sure talks a lot. I thought.

"Elena too." Said Rude. He start to sit on the couch with Reno.

"I hope they're alive." Replied Reno.

"Its alright... Tseng is like the president... they're kind of like cats... 9 lives... you know." Said Rude.

"You got that right." Rude look at me. "Freya, you seem pretty quiet."

I nodded. "There's nothing to talk about." I said.

Reno chuckled. "We should talk about why you were gone for 3 years."

"That's personal Reno." I said.

"Hehe, I was just kidding." He said. Suddenly, Rude got up and looked at the door. Black smoke was all over the door.

"Found you." It said.