A Funny Mistake

Title : Anata ni Ganbattetainda.

English : I Want To Do My Best For You. / I Want You To Have My Best.

Introductory : a beautiful piano melody

Setting : A small neighborhood. Then focusing two houses beside each other. The first house is just a small house and looking a bit old and unfurnished. The fence is somehow broken and unaligned. And the outside walls of the house started to have cracks and there are weeds growing on them. Also, vines crawl on the walls near the window facing the neighboring house.

The neighboring house is clean and well maintained. There is a small yard outside and flower plants are planted.

The music comes from the second house.

The music stops and after a few minutes, a girl comes out carrying sheets of paper and she walks over to the front door of the first house.

(She rings the doorbell)

(An oddly shy girl named "Nami" opens the door)

Nami : ...? (peeks outside)

Megumi : (smiles) Oh my, you're home~ yokatta desu ne!

Nami : H-hai?

Megumi : Atashi wa Shikishima Megumi desu. We're neighbors, if you didn't know. (chuckles shyly)

Nami : ... (looks at her awkwardly)

Megumi : Anou sa... I heard from the neighbors that you run a copying machine. Is it true?

Nami : ... (nods)

Megumi : Hontou? (smiles) That's good to hear! You know, we've been neighbors for quite a long time, I think... but I don't usually go around... or... like... This is the first time we've talked... ne?

Nami : (nods)

Megumi : I mean... you never put a sign that you do copying services...

Nami : ... su-sumimasen deshita.

Megumi : (feels bad) Ah... iya... I didn't mean it that way... I just... well... it takes a lot of time going to the main office uptown just to have these piano sheets photocopied... when there's a copier in the neighborhood... right?

Nami : (nods again)

Megumi : (smiles) So... Can you do it?

Nami : Hai.

Megumi : That's wonderful! Ah, here. Just one copy of everything.

Nami : (looks at the piano sheets)

Megumi : Can I just come back in a while to get them? Ah! How much? Do you cost the same as the main office?

Nami : ... un.

Megumi : (smiles) Ii. Here. (pays up) Jaa, ato de.

Nami : A... arigatou gozaimasu. (closes the door)

(Before Nami starts the job, she looks at a family photo hanged on the wall and takes a deep breath then operates the copier machine)

(A few weeks passed)

Megumi : (rings the doorbell)