Chapter 5

Chapter 5                    

We all huddled up in the carriage, Tim sat on my left and Richard sat on my right, everyone else sat in the front. Father, Uncle Wesley and Lana were in the other set of carriages. Erick was busily talking to a man who sat on his left while Annabelle sat on his right. Annabelle looked uncomfortable were she was.  Richard asked me to attend to the town square ball with him, I couldn’t say no, before I was waiting for Tim, but I he didn’t ask, he told me that he was waiting for the right moment to ask but hewas too late. Tim was a little upset about it though, I tried talking to him about it, but he was still upset up until to now. Erick, of course asked Annabelle to the town square and she said yes. I was happy for her but worried also, What if he hurted her as they dance in the ballroom, or he looked at another girl as they dance. Tim knew I cared for my sister a lot, but when she’s mean or upset, it could stay for a while. I glanced a look up at her, and she didn’t look too happy, an di knew it would a take a long time to gain baack her trust in me. I didn’t want to bother her but I was concerned about her, so I asked her.

“Annabelle, you seem a little dull are you alright”, I asked.

“Would you stop”, she screamed.

I was taken aback by her response, she never seem like the screaming time, I have never seem that side of her before, and it scared me a lot.

“Stop what”, I asked, I was getting really aggravated, of everything, her selfish ways, no appreciating anything that I do for her.

“Just stop it, stop acting like you care, I don’t need your help okay I’m alright the way I am”, she argued.

“I do these things to show that I care okay, I’ve been with you my whole entire life I think I know you well enough.”

And this was how our argument went, we still didn’t finish our argument, even when we reached to the town square. Tim tried to stop it but he just couldn’t, we were speaking loud and were waving our hands in expression of ignorance.  Even Erick tried but failed, the men decided to give us some space, Which was a bad idea, because what Annabelle did it took me by surprise. I saw it coming, but I didn’t know she’ll actually do it, but she did it. Her left hand arose to her face and it came across mines in a quick lightning speed and so how the pain came to my left check did too. I felt the tears, trying to burst though my eyes but i held it back in. I knew it would leave a mark, and so did my pride came up, I did something I never expect that would happened. I stood in the carriage and I went to grab her hair and slammed her down hard on the floor.

“Don’t you ever, never ever hit your sister like that, don’t you have respect for yourself, what’s wrong with you”, I screeched.

 I knew that if i used my hard voice which I used when we were kids it would put her back in her place, i just knew it would and it did.

I herd her weep, it wasn’t faint and it wasn’t loud either, each tear I saw, it wounded me like a ton of brick, each of them throwing at me like I did something so shame full. I brought my sister to my chest and brushed her hair out of her face, I whispered soft things to her as she apologized to me many to times.  And so this was how our night went, I comforted my sister while she cried on my shoulder.

The birds chirped as the sun arose, I slowly opened my eyelids to see the bright sunny sky pointing inside my bedchambers.  I didn’t remember anything that happened the other night, I only remembered comforting my baby sister, I knew i would miss the town square ball right when  Annabelle cried in the carriage. i knew Tim would have been happy about that too, but also upset that he couldn't dance with me.I felt the bed shifted beside my shakly. I started to panic what did I do the other night, did I do something that I’ll regret my entire life, questions swirled in my end, questions could not reveled because I was too scared to look. I felt the person shifted in my covers again, I slowly take an intake of breathe, and I slowly turned around in my sheets. I saw Annabelle, inside there sleeping soundly inside.  Her eye lids shifted lightly before they widely opened up. She smiled down at me before, her smiled turned into a frown.

“I’m so sorry sister, that I hurt you, with my strong choice of words, please forgive me”, she begged.

“Sister, there’s always a place for you in my heart”, I said while, gesturing to my chest.

She suddenly reached towards for me and hugged my tightly, I sighed in relief that my sister, Annabelle, trust me.

“Thank you sister really, what I said I meant it, for the past days I talked to Erick, the only thing he talked about was father’s business or Uncle Wesley retirement found, or his name next in line to be the leader, or just about him”, shrieked Annabelle.

Lightly I chuckled, thinking about the wired thoughts Annabelle would think of while listening to Erick. She might have rolled her eyes, or repetitively sighing to get his attention towards her,. Many crazy ideas pooped up in my mind about what would Annabelle do.

"What are you laghing at", she asked.

"Oh nothing just thinking."

"You deferentially know that Lana hates it when you do that right."

"Yes but what would Lana do, she's not here right."

"Yes but."

I interrupted her quickly,  "But nothing, just relax sister, I promise I won't do it again."

"Oh okay."

“Well I’m glad you know, I was right”, I said.

It looked like she was debating on something in her mind finally she spoke up.

 “I also think that father would send you in marriage with Erick, I over heard Father and Uncle Wesley talked about it last night when you fell asleep in the carriage.