T H I R T Y - T H R E E .

"so, it was elvira who planned the whole thing?" the boy asked, surprised that she'd go through such lengths. you nodded, leaning back in your seat as you fidgeted with the case of your phone.

it had been a few days since the confrontation, and a lot had went down after that. for one, you exposed elvira and her nasty attitude in front of the whole school, which caused her to gain a lot of hate. you didn't feel an ounce of pity for her, because anyone who defies you simply deserves to be treated like trash.

after that she transferred schools, so hopefully you wouldn't have to see her until much later. probably in hell.

you also talked to yuna and assured her that you weren't upset at her or anything, apologizing for how you had treated her and inviting her to be friends again. she didn't want to be apart of the friend group, which you understood, but at least the two of you were now on good terms.

"yep. it's been a crazy couple of weeks, and now i'm just ready to relax and live my life in peace." you spoke. school was ending in the next couple of days, and you were already excited for summer vacation. you fantasized about the amount of free time you'd have, and how you'd be able to hang out with friends as much you'd like.

curious, you looked over at z. "you're not in school, so what are you gonna be doing?" z thought for a moment, slanted eyes coming back to glance at you, smiling. "well, we are on break for awhile. and since toronto is my hometown, i guess i'll just be spending these free days with you."

you cringed, nose scrunching up in disgust as you jokingly rolled your eyes. "yeah yeah, you're real funny." but the look on his face made you pause, insinuating he wasn't joking at all. you suddenly felt awkward laughing at him, now letting your eyes wander around the room.

"y/n."

"what's up?"

"you know i like you.. right?"

you choked slightly. you kind of figured with the way he'd been acting, and hearing it from his bandmates or your friends had you tired.

but you never expected for him to tell you straight up, which is why you were a bit shocked. it was unexpected, and the sudden confession made you slightly nervous.

you never thought about your feelings. did you like him too? thinking back to when you two weren't talking, it did upset you at how much of an ass he was, and how he suddenly started to ignore you out of nowhere.

"uh.. yeah, i know that." you told him, though you cursed yourself for letting your voice shake, exposing how anxious you were.

"well, that's good. i'm not pressuring you to give me an answer as of now or anything, but i'm just putting that out there." he smiled.

curse him and that attractive face. you breathed out a sigh, nodding slowly as you awkwardly smiled back. "how thoughtful of you."

"oh no.." he started, brow raised as he studied you. "don't tell me, i made the y/n nervous with me confession?" z teased, a playful smirk accompanying his lips. you immediately scowled, glaring at the boy.

"please, you wish you did. i'm not nervous or anything, just thinking."

"thinking about what?"

"none of your business." you told him flat out, rolling your eyes. he only laughed, bringing his hand up to play with his hair. "how about this. if i tell you what i'm thinking about, you tell me what you're thinking about."

you decided to go along with it, because why not? it was stupid, but you weren't gonna tell him that. "fine. i'm just thinking about you."

he looked surprised, mouth forming into an 'o' shape. "really? and what was going through your mind that had you thinking about me?" you could tell he was getting a kick out of this, which made you irritated. it was the first time someone had ever made you even slightly nervous, and it was weird.

"i was cursing you because of your good looking face." you instantly face planted onto the table, deciding to save yourself from more embarrassment. you didn't want to see his reaction, and you didn't want him to see how shy you were starting to get.

you heard him chuckle, then felt a pair of hands place themselves on top of your head. it had you wondering why he did that, but before you could speak up he said something.

"no need to be embarrassed y/n, 'cause i was thinking about you too."