S I X T E E N

a couple days had passed since you last spoke to the 4town member, assuming that with him being on tour and everything, he'd be too tired to text you. it didn't really affect you in any way though, because at times he'd become a nuisance.

school had just let out, and with your friends having different things they needed to do right away, it left just you and yuna to walk home together.

"shaking my head. i don't know why his girl is trying to fight you when you're not even messing with him no more." the curly headed female spoke, utter disbelief in her tone. the feelings you had for the older boy named devon had since long disappeared, but apparently no one believed you, and now his girlfriend was telling everyone you were trying to steal him from her.

the whole situation was stupid and childish. but no matter how stupid a situation was, if someone wanted to fight, you were gonna give it to them.

"bitch, i don't even know. she's always been the weird type, since middle school. no one fucked with her back then, but once she lost her virginity to devon that's when her popularity spiked." you mentioned, right as your phone vibrated, signaling you got a notification.

you nodded at whatever yuna was saying, device in your hand as the text was displayed across the screen. great, just as you had hoped he decided to move on and stop talking to you, his name in big letters as multiple messages continued to come in.

"yo, has aaron z or whatever his name is been texting you?" you questioned, shoving the device into your pocket. you made it clear multiple times that you weren't interested in him, but you had set him up with yuna because you knew yuna was better, and he'd probably like her instead.

upon hearing your question, she frowned, groaning softly. "barely! he texted me a couple days ago and we was talking, but after awhile he started getting dry and acting all annoyed." all you could do was sigh, reminding yourself to cuss the male out later. "well.. has he texted you at all today?"

"he said he wouldn't be able to text for awhile, since he's really busy." yeah, you were gonna curse the fuck out of that nigga later. patting her on the shoulder, attempting to comfort the girl. though you did kind of find it funny, she was sad over a guy— who was basically a celebrity— not wanting to talk to her. you would've been more indifferent to the situation if the man hadn't promised you to put in effort for her to show up to his concert.

"ah, forget him. there's nothing good about that boy anyway, you could probably find better." you don't know what struck a chord in her nerve, as she pushed your hand off her shoulder, brows furrowed in anger as she looked at you. "easy for you to say. all the men just flock towards you, so what do you know?"

"yuna, what the fuck are you talking about?" you were astounded by her sudden outburst, and if anything, it pissed you off how she assumed that all you did was stand there for men to come at you.

she didn't lie, but it's not like it was your fault.

"when was the last time you and aaron z talked? huh?"

you averted your eyes awkwardly. "he texted me a couple minutes ago, but i ain't answer."

"see!" she yelled, throwing her hands up furiously. "okay nigga, chill the fuck out. i don't know why you're suddenly getting mad at me and whatnot, but you're crazy if you think i won't stand my ground. you're being mad rude right now."

once your words hit her, you could visibly see her expression change, yuna realizing that she was overreacting and in the wrong.

"fuck, y/n i'm sorry. i shouldn't have done that." all you did was nod, muttering a few ''it's whatever's''. the atmosphere had shifted, the two of you now walking in an awkward silence. as you both pulled up to the steps of your house, you turned to face her, breathing out, letting your hand rub your face.

"listen, i'll forgive you this time because you're my friend. act out like that again, and we're gonna brawl." deciding to not wait to hear her answer, immediately stepping into your house once you uttered those words.