Why this exists: It shouldn't

We, Abie and ReyRey, feel as if we owe the general public an explanation on why this cursed piece of media exists. We also feel as if we need to explain this poor decision and the poor decisions leading up to this.

It all began when ReyRey woke up one morning and chose violence, much like Will Smith at the 2022 Oscars. She sent the above photo to Abie, and Abie unwisely chose to look at the comments under the aforementioned photo. (OP: nocontextf1) The comment circled below caught her attention.

She was horrified by this revelation, but also intrigued

She was horrified by this revelation, but also intrigued. She replied to ReyRey by stating that she was prepared to put an unironic amount of effort into an ironic fanfiction. ReyRey was struck by this idea and jokingly wrote "Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz." Abie was perplexed. "Together??" She wrote back. ReyRey confirmed that, yes, together. And with that, Charlos was born. 

Neither Abie nor ReyRey actually ship Charles and Carlos, which feels important to mention as shipping real people presents some moral quandaries for them. However, they got too invested in the joke, and have now written way too many pages to turn around now.

We hope you enjoy! Or don't. This is probably the first Charlos fanfic to exist and we hope with all our might that it is the last.