Spain

(Ethpaña)

"Alright, I'm headed home," Carlos said, waiting awkwardly near the opened car door. They had just landed in Spain and were sufficiently exhausted from traveling.

"Ok, I should probably get to my hotel" Charles responded. They stood in silence like they were waiting for something.

"Want to come over?" Carlos said at last, looking Charles in the eye before quickly averting his gaze.

"Yes please," Charles said. He was hoping Carlos would say that. The trunk was opened and Charles threw his bags in next to Carlos's. He slid into the passenger seat. Carlos took the driver's side.

Charles rested his arm on the middle console. After a few minutes of driving, Carlos took one hand off the steering wheel. He put his arm next to Charles's, their pinkies brushing. Charles feels his heart skip a beat. It's dumb to be flustered, he thought, holding hands is so mundane. He was glad when Carlos made the next move because he was too paralyzed to.

First, only their pinkies wrapped around each other. Soon, their fingers were laced together. Carlos's hand was so warm. Charles felt his palms become sweaty. He hoped Carlos didn't mind. He stared at their hands resting on the console, his own pale hand engulfed by Carlos's tan one. He smiled.

They sat in silence, hands intertwined, until they reached Carlos's house. It was a boxy building with high vaulted ceilings and a lush green lawn. Carlos parked the car under the carport hotly.

They took their luggage out of the car and brought it inside. The air conditioning was already on, which was a very welcome change to the hot and humid weather. "Let me thlip into thomething more comfortable," Carlos said as he disappeared inside the house, bags in hand.

Charles left his bags by the door and wandered into the kitchen. He took a seat in one of the chairs, surveying the room around him. The house was neat but not at all steril. It was very Carlos. The walls were... probably white, and the furniture was... most likely comfortable.

Charles looked towards the door at the sound of Carlos's footsteps. Carlos appeared in the threshold wearing an entirely new set of Cars pajamas. Charles gawked. "How many sets of Cars pajamas do you own?"

Carlos smirked. "About 12." Clad in baby blue Lightning McQueen PJs, Carlos showed Charles around the house. There was a pool, probably more than one bathroom, at least a few bedrooms, and it's entirely possible that there was more than one story.

"And here's the living room," Carlos said with a flourish of his hand. Plush couches circled a large TV, and Charles jumped onto one of them. He stretched out. Carlos sank down next to him. "Tho.. what do you think?" Carlos grinned. He didn't care all that much about what Charles thought of his interior decorating, he just wanted to hear him talk.

"The landscaping was a bit boring," Charles teased. He threw his arms around Carlos's neck. "But, it's beautiful here," he finished earnestly.

Carlos leaned closer. "You're beautiful," he replied, no mocking behind it. Charles grinned, his head tilted slightly back. His hands moved to Carlos's shirt, pulling him closer. Their lips connected, Charles felt Carlos's warm voluptuous lips against his own. He melted into the kiss.

When they separated, Carlos was smiling madly. "I thtill can't believe I get to kith you. I keep thinking that this is a dream and I'll have to wake up."

"Ooh you dream about me?" Charles grinned.

Carlos rolled to his back, blushing. "You take up a lot of my brain capacity," he admitted.