One man's Hero

One man’s Hero

One man’s hero is another man’s villain- Elley Brand 1996-Present

She was merely 18 yet she managed to defeat the Akatski and bring Sasuke home. All in 5 weeks. She got offered the title of Hokage. She merely declined it before heading off out of the village to do god knows what. No-one knows much about the ninja that goes by the name of Gabriel. All they know is that if you’re bad, she’ll be there to kick your ass! As it was once said though, “One man’s Hero is another man’s villain”. She is my villain. When I, Uzumaki Naruto, have a villain, I tend not to let them go. She did what I had been trying to do for four years in five weeks. Do you know how it feels? To have your soul purpose of living torn away from you? I know that Sakura-chan meant well, calling in the expert but it was my soul purpose. It was the only thing that kept me from jumping off of the tallest cliff and killing myself.

I sat on my windowsill, looking over my town I once loved. Sasuke is back and happy now. He has Ino, Sakura has Lee. Hinata is dead, K.I.A, her name is on the memorial stone. I visit it every day. I remember her telling me that her favourite flowers were purple lilies. Every day I visit it and place a single purple lily by her name.

Now if you’re thinking I was in love with Hinata, please don’t be misguided. We were always just friends. Hinata may have confessed her love at dying point but I regret to tell you that I only thought of her as a friend. So I sat on my windowsill. I had just been to visit the headstone. I glanced down below me to see Sasuke and Ino holding hands and walking down the street. I haven’t talked to Sasuke at all since he got back. He keeps on trying to contact me but my heart hurts too much to talk to my ex-rival. My new rival is Konohamaru. In a few days we will be battling it out for the title of Hokage. For some reason I feel like I won’t be able to make it till then.

 My heart aches so much. I’ve been shut in my room. The only time I go out is to visit Hinata. Sasuke calls, Sakura calls and so do Kakashi and Iruka. I ignore them all. I just want to be alone right now. I sigh and hop down from my window ledge as Sasuke catches my eyes. It looks like he’s going to say something when he thinks better of it and is pulled away by Ino. I see him look back over his shoulder at me. My eyes unwillingly water at the sight of him with Ino. I slam my window shut and lock it- I don’t want any visitors at the moment. I collapse onto my bed and set my alarm. It’s my birthday tomorrow. No-one’s brought it up so I can only guess that since it is also the 20th anniversary of Kyuubi being destroyed, they are all thinking about the celebration tomorrow. I sigh and fall into a restless sleep.

The Next Day…

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest. Today was the day. I sighed as I sat up and dissolved into tears. Today was the end of it all. I stood up and tied on my ninja headband. I may as well go out today, say goodbye. I closed my apartment door and launched the key far over the balcony. I had already moved all of my things. Stop one: Iruka’s.

I knocked on his door and Kakashi-sensei opened it. He looked shocked.

“Naruto!” He exclaimed. I smiled weakly for his sake.

“Kakashi, did you say Naruto?” I heard Iruka shout from behind him. I heard heavy footsteps come to the door. Iruka looked worried.

“Naruto! Why have you been avoiding us?” He asked, shocked. I merely shrugged.

“Come in for some tea!” He exclaimed. I swallowed.

“Sorry, I’m very busy today, maybe later, yeah?” I persuaded. Iruka smiled and linked hands with Kakashi.

“Sure thing! 5 ’o clock! Don’t be late!” He ordered. I smiled sadly and turned away. Next stop: Sakura’s and Lee's…

I approached the apartment warily. I hadn’t properly seen Sakura in about a month. I knocked on her door. She answered it in her pink dressing gown. She squealed with delight when she saw me.