Chapter 5: They're Back

——————————————————

"Huff....Hahh...Ugh...I...I'm..I'm gone.." Kinoshita flops to the ground as he tries to catch his breath.

His training outfit got dirty with the ground's dust. He coughed and choke because he accidentally inhaled the dust.

Narita was the next one to flop on the ground. "......." after a few seconds of rest he got back up again and started jogging.

Kinoshita looked at the hard working Narita in admiration. He then wobbly stood up and jogged again, but his pace was very slow.

When Tsukishima felt that he couldn't do it anymore he stopped jogging around their small training area. He went to a nearby bench and sat down.

Yamaguchi was out of breath, but he did his best to last a little bit longer.

Out of the two new recruits, Kageyama didn't seemed bothered, he was able to keep up with the seniors.

Keishin was of course the one leading the jog. When suddenly, Takeda ran towards them with a bright look on his face!

Keishin told them to stop. He went towards Takeda and asked what was going on?

Takeda told him that the others are back! Keishin widened his eyes and grinned happily. He turned towards the youngsters and announced the news.

The three recruits was confused to who the "others" are.

Keishin said "Did you think that Daichi and the rest are the only knights here? Well, your wrong"

"Eh?? Then does that mean...We have more members?" Yamagcuchi was surprised.

"Yeah! Didn't you see the other empty rooms in the Knight's Quarters?"

"We really didn't know. I automatically thought that because our village wasn't interested in becoming Knights, we only have Daichi-san and the rest." Kageyama sweatdropped...

"Well, thats understandable since we did not tell you guys" Daichi said as he wiped his sweat.

Keishin clapped his hands and did a big grin "They have great timing! We should celebrate of their return and tell them about the news of the Capital!"

"Ukai-san...We don't have enough food for a feast. So..." Takeda rubbed his nape.

Keishin became disappointed. "Dammit! Why are we so poor?! I wanted to drink and eat meat! But beer costs like ten esusi coins!" Keishin calmed down "Fortunately we have meat from our hunting, but pairing it with beer would be nice.."

"Don't worry Head Captain! When we arrive to the Capital and win the Swordsmanship Competition, I'm sure we will be able to make lots of money once we get recruited by an amazing Knight, right?" Sugawara said with a positive vibe.

"Mhmm, I agree with Sugawara-kun" Ennoshita nodded.

Keishin nodded in agreement "Yeah. We just gotta try our best, and stand out!"

"But, wouldn't enemies be attracted to us if we stand out too much...?" Asahi fiddled with his hands worriedly.

"Don't worry Asahi-san! If they want to challenge us then so be it!" Nishinoya smacked his back making Asahi groan in pain...

"Its not just enemies that will be attracted. Also higher ranking Knights. And possibly, even the Emperor himself." Kageyama said with goal in his eyes.

Everyone was amazed by Kageyama. Keishin was amused by this and patted Kageyama on the shoulder.

"Good! I like that you aim higher. Keep up with this and you will definitely achieve it"

Kageyama nodded at Keishin's words.

Then they heard footsteps or, more like marching towards their direction. Karasuno turned around and saw Karasuno's other members.

"We're finally back home" Hidemi Tashiro said with a sigh of nostalgia.

The rest that was following Hidemi behind also sighed with nostalgia.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
—Clink!

—Whoosh!

—Pow!

"Ugh!...." Yamamoto drops to the ground.

"Still can't beat you when it comes to brains.." He looks up at Kenma.

Kenma exhaled as he wipes his sweat.

"When my opponent is bigger and stronger than me...I know that I have to make a plan in order to beat them..."

"Yeah, its amazing how you can think of a plan so quickly!"

"Its not that big of a deal.." Kenma avoided eye contact and mumbled.. "I also wouldn't be able to beat you if I hadn't distracted you enough.."

"Yamamoto-senpai is right though Kenma-san! Your amazing!" Lev exclaimed in admiration.

Kenma became awkward...He doesn't know how to reply...So he just stiffly nodded...Kenma then walks away quikly.

"Kenma is still awkward as ever" Kuroo stated as he held out his hand to Yamamoto. Yamamoto grabbed it and was pulled up. He patted his dusty pants and agreed.

"He should communicate with people more" Yaku said with crossed arms. "Buuut, I will not force him"

"Kenma-san needs to learn how to toughen up! Remember? When we met Shiratorizawa Knight Group's Captain and Vice Captain?? He was scared stiff, and I'm worried they'll bully him" Inuoka said with a sigh.

"Do not worry new recruit. Kenma-kun is tougher than you think." Fukunaga stated.

"Then....Does that mean he pretends to be weak in order to lower the enemy's guard??" Shibayama pondered.

"No" Kai replied.

"Oh, I thought it would be like that." Shibayama rubbed his nape in disappointment.

"Yeahh...I also thought it would be like that.." Teshiro scratched his cheek.

—Clink

—Swish!

—Clank!

Other members of the Nekoma Knight group were sparring with each other. Kuroo the Captain was observing from afar. He would sometimes point out some mistakes and make them do it correctly.

What a reliable Captain he is!

A few days ago, they just arrived here, in the Capital. Right now they were staying at an estate where Knights from all over the continent are supposed to stay at.

And they were using their own private training ground that the owner of this residence made for each one of the knights. And its of course called (Nekoma's Training Ground) That way, they can differentiate which is which!

The owner of this residence, who is the Emperor of course. Made seperate training grounds in order to not cause chaos like last year.

Oh god....Last year was such a pain and a disaster...

The Emperor himself don't even know why they are so hostile to each other. The competition is just a game. No big deal.

You're wrong. It IS a big deal!

But the Emperor would never know.

——————————————————
To Be Continued!

yUh....Slow updates cuz I'm very lazy and very busy reading other novels T0T

And today's such a short chapter! But, oh well :P

Anyways, have a great day/evening everyone!!!