Chapter 1: Karasuno Village

"Daichi-nii! Daichi-nii!!"

"Hn? Yes what is it?"

Daichi looks down at the child who was tugging the hem of his shirt, he kneels down to the child's height and smiled gently at him.

"Is something the matter?"

"Uwahhh!! As expected! You're so cool! I also wanna be a knight like you in the future!"

"Oh? Why is that? There must be a reason...?"

The boy childishly shouted in reply "So I can protect Amy, Mommy, Daddy, and everyone in the village!"

Daichi just smiles then patted the boy's head.

Being a knight is a very hard and dangerous job. But he doesn't want the boy's dream to be crushed so he just let him be, hoping in the future that he will understand..

"Atsuo! Don't disturb Daichi-kun in his patrol. Come on now, go play with your friends" Atsuo's Mother scolded the boy who pouted and then just complied and went to his friends.

"I'm sorry for my son Daichi-kun.."

"It's okay Hanah-san. He's a good child." Daichi said as he gaze at the distance where Atsuo and his friends are playing. They were playing tag.

"Fufufu, indeed he is. Though I am very worried he might really become a knight in the future since I saw him swinging a stick every morning....I am scared that he'll get hurt..." Hanah sighs as she touches her cheek..

"Don't worry about him Hanah-san. He is a strong kid, and even our Captain thinks he is."

"Foohhh....I am still worried... But if he does become a knight in the future..I would like you to take care of him."

"Of course, you can count on me Ma'am!" Daichi nodded as he patted his chest.

Hanah chuckled then she went back inside her house preparing for lunch. Daichi then went back to patrol the small village.

This village is called Karasuno Village, it doesn't have any fancy buildings like the small towns and the village across them that will take an hour walk.

Their village is one of the poorest so they're houses are only made by them in hand. Luckily though, they have a person that knows architecture. So he is in charge of building houses.

That person is Asahi Azumane, he is a knight in this village as well. He is shy for a big man, but he is nice.
Everyone enjoys talking and teasing the big guy.

"Grandpa Asahi! Grandpa Asahi!"

"G-Grandpa..!?" Asahi stiffened...He is only 26 years old which is still young..

Why are the children calling him Grandpa??? He still doesn't have any white hair...Asahi went stupefied..

"Buwahahaha! Uncle Asahi turned into stone!"

"Uwoohhh!! He really turned into a stone! He doesn't even move an inch!"

It's kinda funny to see a big guy getting teased by children.

Daichi controlled his laughter then he continues his walk.

Even though this village is poor, everyone is harmonious. They are like a big family.

Daichi went towards the entrance of the gate and saw Sugawara.

"Suga! Did you see anything outside?"

Sugawara shook his head "Nope, the beasts stopped coming out. Its a good thing, but its still weird for them to stop coming at us.."