The Reason Why

Connor's POV

I woke up to the annoying streaks of sunlight that made their way through my curtains.

'I really have to go ask one of the room service attendants to change my curtains into the much thicker ones' I mentally sighed

'No, you really have to go find our mate already!' My wolf argued

But before we cross that topic I immediately shut him out. Finally deciding that it's time to wake up already. I sat up in my bed and ran my fingers through my hair. And wait til the killer headache tones down a bit. Minutes have passed and I start to smile as the memory of what happened last night came through me.. parties.. girls.. alcohol.. parties.

For the past 2 years, my life has always been like that and I intend on keeping it that way. I mean, why find a mate when you can have the time of your life and have a girlfriend instead, I can't really see myself as the 'mate material' type of guy though. I live by the bachelor code and that's get in enjoy and get out as simple as that. Well, I wasn't always like this you know. I used to be so enamored with the whole mate thing well atleast that was 2 years ago..

*Flashback*

Me and my friends Katya, Andre', David, Emma and Blake just got back to the pack house from the ice cream shop we went to downtown. When suddenly I felt intense pain on my chest. The pain flared up too quickly that it got me on the floor, clutching my chest. It was as if thousands of knives were being stabbed at my heart. I screamed to let some of the pain out but it just doubled and now it feels as if my throat were dry and is constricted. My friends were panicking with what was happening to me. Andre' and David layed me on the couch, Katya ran to get my parents and Emma went for the pack doctor. A few painful moments have passed and I heard the door blasted open, I saw my mom and dad ran in. They smelled of another pack's territory they were probably in a meeting with the other Alpha's and Luna's. My mom quickly made way towards me. My dad had that frantic look on his face. Not long enough after my parents came in Sullivan, our pack doctor came and immediately went to work he examined me and made a couple of tests, everytime my mom would ask what's happening to me Sullivan would just stay silent and talk to them in private but never when I'm around. I never knew what was happening to me. My mom made me rest early that night, she thanked my friends and assured me that everything was fine. It was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was laying in bed still feeling the stabbing sensation in my heart it was milder this time but still painful. That night I knew I couldn't sleep so I went downstairs to get a glass of milk.

But as I passed through my dad's study I overheared my parents and Sullivan talking..

"What happened to my son Sullivan?" My dad, Chris asks

"Well, let me start this by saying your son is in perfect condition. He is not sick or is in any form ill." Sullivan replied

"So what happened earlier then?" My mom, Evelyn asked impatiently

"What you witnessed earlier is an act of their mates calling out to each other" Sullivan countered