niall

.

The next day, we were rehearsing for the first time without Zayn, and I had no idea how this was going to work out honestly. I was the second one to show up, Liam being the first. And of course, Harry and Louis came in at the same time.

"Okay." Liam breathed out. "This isn't going to be too hard, all we've gotta do is decide who's doing Zayn's solos in certain songs."

"Yeah, piece of cake. Yeah, because that's the easiest thing to ever do.'' Louis spoke sarcastically, shrugging. "Brilliant Liam, thanks for the memo."

"Louis." Harry groaned. "Not the time for sarcasm. We have to take this seriously."

"Alright." He simply said.

"Let's just go in the order of the setlist, then." I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I've got it." Liam walked over to a table that had a bunch of papers. He picked up one, motioning at it.

"Okay, so Clouds. Does Zayn have a lot of solos in the song?" I asked, as they all seemed to be in thought over the question.

"Okay, I think I sing mostly after his solos so.." Harry's voice trailed.

"Yeah, easy you can just sing his parts then."

"Woah, for all of the songs?'' He frowned. "That would mean I'd sing too much and that's not fair. We share the solos." Harry nodded once.

"Yeah, the fucking high notes." Louis sighed. "What are we gonna do about those?"

"He.. He told me one thing, over the phone." Liam said as we all glanced over at him.

"What is it?"

"He said that we should let the fans sing his solos."

"That sounds really depressing." I mumbled, and I was only telling the truth actually.

"It does, but think about it.. We shouldn't be worrying so much about singing all his parts. And plus, the tour kicks off again in about a few weeks from now so.. We've got time."

"Yeah, Liam is right. Maybe we shouldn't be so urgent about all this." I agreed with him.

"This just feels wrong, lads.'' Louis sighed as he sits down on the floor.

I followed, sitting down next to him.

"So wrong." I shook my head. "I don't know, maybe all it takes is a little getting used to.''

"It makes me nervous.. Just so nervous. What are the fans going to think? What if they stop coming to the shows?" Harry stressed, pacing back and forth.

"Well, what else can we do about it?'' I sighed. "We should've known this whole thing wouldn't last forever. Us five."

"Niall don't say that." Liam sighed, this devastating look on his face. "You know we're still gonna be together. We've got a fifth album coming up, another tour, more music videos.."

"And then what, huh?" I asked. "What happens after all that? Hardly one more year, guys and we have no idea what will come to be after that."

"We're staying together if none of us give up.'' Harry said. "Don't think like that.''

I couldn't help but to though.. This wasn't going to last forever, no matter how much I wish it would. And I do want to try, I know the fans would want us to.

But would we have to live with the constant burden knowing that it'll never be the same without Zayn here?

"Well we're eventually going to have an interview, and we're going to be told to talk about it." I sighed.

"I don't care, if management takes it that far to tell us what we're supposed to say during that interview, I'm done. I'm not saying what they want us to say. We've been their puppets for way too fucking long.. I'm just not doing it." Louis shook his head.

"Louis, listen to yourself. You know rules are rules." Liam argued. "Look, I know it seems selfish but.. We need to have an agreement on this, and you know if they aren't content with us there comes worse consequences."

"I know, it's true." Louis replied, sitting down on the floor. I followed after him, sitting right down. "I don't want to believe it, but it is."

"Wait, wait wait." Harry says, raising a hand, his phone in the other.

I look at him, scooting over to him and craning my neck so I could get a look at his phone. He sits down next to me, showing me the article.

"Who is this guy?" He asks.

"What guy.." Louis's voice trailed as he joined in as well. Liam walked over as we all grouped around Harry's phone.

"Shit." Louis breathed out, all of us just speechless.

Did we know anything about this? No, definitely not. Do we feel betrayed? Very.

"Naughty Boy. Should've known." Louis sighed, getting up and walking away.

"Who the hell is he?" I sighed, just completely lost.

"Some mediocre rapper, singer whatever." He answered, this pissed off look on his face.

"He's been working on music with the guy ever since we were in Orlando."

"What?" Harry stared in shock. "No.. He said he was just recording by himself, for fun."

"Okay, so obviously it was a lie." Liam sighed.

"Yeah. He lied to us." I spoke softly, disappointment just filling me clearly.

"No, no he couldn't have alright this.. This just doesn't make any sense. We've known the lad for years, and he leaves for some guy he knows for a few months?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "It just.. Confuses me."

"It's alright, Niall.'' Liam mumbled.

"No, no it's not. We're constantly pretending like.. We can go on without Zayn, we can do every single thing we can as a band without him. We can't. At least we haven't figured out to yet, because he's our brother. He's my brother. And.." Louis was speechless, running a hand through his hair.

"Hey, we can't lash out okay?'' Harry motioned. "We just.. We have to find some way to cope before our next show, okay?"

"You say it like it's the most easiest thing, Harry." I whispered.

"I'm not saying it'll be easy Niall. We just have to have a little hope."

"Does it phase you at all, knowing Zayn might've lied to us?" Louis stares at Harry and then back at all of us.

"Okay, maybe he has. But listen, I just want to do everything to keep this band together okay because.. This is my all, lads. I don't want to do anything else but this. I want to keep it a little longer.'' Harry went on, looking away. He looked like he was about to cry.

"Hey, don't cry." I comforted, setting a hand on his shoulder. I then took him into a hug as we all stood there in silence.

"What the hell are we going to do without Zayn?" Liam sighed, just taking in the sight in front of him and shaking his head.

Louis had this grieving expression on his face as he simply just walked out, the door slamming closed. I shut my eyes, just looking over at Liam for help.

And for the first time, he was stuck. Liam had no idea what the hell we were going to do.

_______________________________

A/N:

So this chapter just ajdksjd :( everyone just fell apart here, I mean its how I imagined them to be after a few days of Zayn leaving and all

If you see the picture above lets all cry together okay :( yes, zayn might have betrayed us but you're all lying to yourselves if you say you don't miss him in One Direction.

next chapter will be up soon

.

- BritishBums xox