4 - Teambuilding

The fight between Bakugo's team and Midoriya's was a child of rage and violence. Everything about it bled unresolved friendships and a lack of closure, for both parties.

Every choice Bakugo made was through the lense of emotion and irrationality. Every attack Midoriya threw showed just how much he could observe heroes and classmates alike.

His power wasn't necessarily his quirk, which left him bed-bound and bruised most of the time due to a lack of control. Midoriya's strength shown in the way he analyzed his opponents.

He knew Bakugo always went for a strong right swing, so the second Bakugo advanced, Midoriya was already hauling him over his shoulder and pulling the floor out from under his feet.

The second Bakugo's body slammed onto the building complex's floor, every limit and rule seemed to evaporate with his patience.

He was out for blood, and Midoriya was dripping with it.

The viewing deck was tense as soon as Midoriya landed the first hit. From there it was just a game of who could be faster versus who could create the biggest explosion. That familiarity between the two boys reared its head into most of the fight, discounting safety measures and every rule All Might had established.

You watched as Bakugo raised one of his massive gauntlets straight at Midoriya, a fire like no other lifting his arm.

"Wait, what is he-"

An explosion cut the air in two.

It could've been your distraction. Not from the fight—that was impossible to look away from. But your surroundings. It could've been the tension in your muscles from your team's sour conversation, the nerves under your skin already shocked. Or maybe it was just the sheer weight of the heavy blast that rocked the observation deck and wrestled the ground from under your feet.

But before even your instincts could think to kick in, a hand was grabbing your arm.

Your eyebrows knit together.

The firm grasp kept you from falling to the floor, and made your skin burn under the costume. When your feet finally managed to hold your weight, you finally looked over at Todoroki.

You'd known he was standing somewhat near you; all the other teams had congregated together.

But still, he'd caught you.

Todoroki had saved you from an unpleasant visit with the floor.

Why?

He was looking over at you, hand still holding your arm for whatever reason. You could feel the way his palm cooled the skin under your costume.

A twinge of repulsion pulled your arm out of his reach. It almost felt like he was trying to figure out your quirk by touch, as if he could feel the molecular structure of your arm it would answer the question he wouldn't seem to let go of.

Your tongue felt dry, the sensation akin to cotton pods exploding infested your throat despite your attempts to swallow it. That heavy disinterest pulled your lips down, a juxtaposition to the new bouts of confusion and distaste. It stirred an angry cocktail in your stomach, burning all the way through.

Todoroki looked just as surprised that he'd caught you, eyes shooting down to his hand before returning to your face.

His brows were furrowed, mouth parted slightly as if he was trying to figure out the connection between the two.

You would've been less shocked if he had just let you fall over.

"You good?" It seemed wrong that it was you asking him, not the other way around.