Chapter 5

Kage POV

Dust was talking/arguing with Papy, and I'm hoping he convinces Papy to leave me alone. I was just watching in utter disbelief, how did Papy even get that idea in his head? I don't wanna deal with Nightmare as an actual skeleton, he would manipulate and abuse me to the point that I wouldn't step a toe out of line. Hell I bet I would need permission to even leave the castle. Then Nightmare noticed me, however he didn't actually say anything.... Suspicious. He's gonna plan something, I can feel it. Both as a gut feeling and as I can feel his emotions.

He's fucking curious and wants to know what would happen. Fuck- I'm not gonna get out of this am I? God damned it. I wasn't happy, seriously Papy? Then Nightmare felt smug, oh fuck you! I guess he could feel my emotions, and knew I didn't wanna do this. What would happen to my shadow powers? I LOVE my shadow powers! Besides I get it easier as a shadow Papyri then I would if I was a normal skeleton.

Where would the soul come from? How would it even work? Would I end up with my old soul trait or would I gain a new one? Would my soul even be normal? Or would it be damaged or cracked? Hell, Nightmare is King of Negativity, a GOD. My genetics would be fucked. Would I become a mini guardian? Would I have to help out with the balance? I don't know. I don't think anyone would be able to tell. Then Dust asked Papy the dreaded question, "When is the potion gonna be ready?" "SO YOUR GOING TO HELP ME?" "No, I'm gonna warn Kage that you want them to be a normal Skeleton so they have a heads up. They actually like being a Shadow Papyri."

Thank you Dust! See? Dust understands that I like being a shadow Papyri, why can't Papyrus understand it? Everyone but Nightmare, Dust, Papy and I have headed back by this point. Papy is here because he is trying to convince Dust to help him, Dust is here trying to argue on my behalf, I'm here cause I deserve to know and Dickmare is here because he wants to know more. I don't know why Nightmare is so interested, if this thing works he would become a parent.

Before anyone asks, No he doesn't have any children. He killed them as soon as he found out so that they couldn't 'go against him'. Hell he kills any of the 'ship' children he finds wondering around. As far as I know, Only a couple are around, and that's because their surrounded by God's who are overprotective, for a good reason. Nightmare may just kill me if this even works. He doesn't like kids and enjoys misery.

Witch is what Dust is trying to explain to Papyrus right now. He isn't hearing it though, and Nightmare would continue this project himself if his emotions are anything to go by. Fucking Papyrus. I told him to drop it. Now he wants to make me a 'real skeleton' to force Nightmare to call me by my name. Well, yeah I guess Kage is my name, everyone but Nightmare calls me Kage.

Even then there is no guarantee that he would use the name 'Kage' and just name me something else, if only to spite Papyrus. I mean, come on, it's NIGHTMARE! He hates being proved wrong and will do anything to get back the person. Even if he kept me alive, he would probably rename me 'Moon' or 'Shadow' or something. Like I said, Nightmare is a spiteful shit.

I sigh, and checked the time, it's been 2 hours since the explosion first went off. Dust was still fighting with Papy, witch touched me a bit. He didn't have to defend me but he is, so I'm grateful and thankful for that. I just hope Papy doesn't come close to finishing the potion anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, I adore Papyrus, he's my first ever friend. However, I like being one with the shadows and becomming a 'real Skeleton' could mess that up.

I decided to head to the garden, it's become my 'safe space' so to speak. It used to be the library, now it's the garden. I teleported out before Nightmare decided to force me to stay, because I don't wanna deal with that. I spent the rest of the day in my garden, just relaxing and forgetting about my problems. No Nightmare, No potion, just me and my garden. Just, peace and quiet.

Time skip 3 months

It's been 3 months since we all learned what Papy was trying to do. He's been getting closer and closer to completing the potion. Slowly but surely making progress. Dust has been trying to comfort me but it was no use. I was miserable, I don't want to become a real skeleton! Why can't Papy respect that? Aren't friends supposed to respect your wishes? Then why isn't he respecting mine?

I sigh and snap myself out of it before I started to make myself depressed again. It's been 8 whole months since the office incident and I barley hang with Papy anymore. He's always busy with the potion, so I'm either doing chores, bugging Dust or in my garden. I miss Papy to be honest, I felt like I could tell him everything, now he's not there. I know it's because of the potion but I can't help but think he just doesn't like me anymore.

Then before I got to deep into thinking again, I felt Nightmare demanding my presence. Fuck, don't tell me Papyrus finally finished the damned potion. I sigh but teleport over, not like I can deny him. I ended up in his office, Papyrus there as well. So he did end up finishing the potion. I was in a kneeling stance thing, because Nightmare is a dick.

"Rise" and I did so. I'm not happy with this, at all. I eyed they potion that was on the desk, witch Papyrus was looking at it in pride. So he did finish it, his damn it. Papyrus you are officially at the bottom or my 'Care about' list. "Do you know why your here 101?" Papy had a flicker of anger in his eyes but calmed down. "I'm assuming it has to deal with the potion witch Papyrus has been making the last 8 months"

"That is correct. Do you know what it's supposed to do?" Yes I do, you know I do. Stop being a fucking bitch and get this over with! "From the fight witch Dust and Papyrus had when Dust found out about it, I assume it's supposed to make a shadow skeleton 'A REAL SKELETON' in Papyrus's words" please hurry this up, I would like to have a quick death if I'm going to die. "You are correct, in fact, Papyrus made this potion for you, so you will be testing it out." Fuck, I knew this would happen.

"I will be giving you 1 or 2 choices, you drink it willingly or I will order you to drink it." A look must have crossed my face, I didn't want to drink it. Not only did I like being a shadow Papyri, who knows what the potion would taste like? Nightmare sighed, "Hard way it is. Shadow Papyri 101, I ORDER you to drink the potion." Fuck. My body grabbed the potion before drinking it.

Before I knew what was happening, my senses were suddenly being overwhelmed. I closed my eyes, but I could hear everyone's breathing, I could 'see' with all the shadows, everything in the AU that had shadows around it I saw. My nose was also getting overwhelmed. My body also fucking burned. I felt like I was being torn apart and being put back together. Surprisingly I never screamed out in pain, for however long I was in pain for.

My senses where still overwhelmed but I felt Nightmares... Shock? Satisfaction? Papyrus was feeling proud of himself and was talking about how his potion worked, and now Nightmare would have to call me Kage. I snorted at that, spiteful bitch is more likely to rename me instead of calling me Kage. I got a glance at my new form before I passed out. I... Kinda look like a girl.

This is What Kage looks like now

Here is Chapter 5! Do you like it? Thoughts?