Chapter 4

Kage POV

  It's been about a week since 'The Incident' happened and Papy has mostly gone back to normal. Mostly, he avoids Nightmare and seems to be getting into reading. He's also gotten more into magic and asking questions about shadow Papyri in general. I flat out told Dust that Papy is planning something again and he promised to keep an eye on him. We didn't want another incident to happen after all. The others don't know what happened though, thankfully.

Nightmare has been demanding the special food more as well. I had to send a healed up Dust to go get more. He was almost caught by the star idiots as well but he got away, they are healed up from their injuries though, mostly. Thank god, I didn't want him hurt! I've come to care for him like a brother, kinda like Papy to be honest. However Papy is my best friend so he's above Dust in the list of people I care for.

Going back to Nightmare, the dick. He hasn't done anything since the incident thankfully. Still dont trust him though. Anyways I just finished cooking his special food so here's to hoping he doesn't get set off. No-one likes an angry Nightmare after all. He's a cold hearted bitch. 'Ouch' I winced as I had a spike of pain. I'm still not fully healed from the incident, having sharp spikes of pain here and there.

Right now I'm working on my garden, trying to expand it. Well, more like expand Nightmare's garden, since right now all I'm growing are the ingredients for his food. He really seemed to like it and I want to eventually be able to make it all without sending Dust out where the star idiots can get to him.

What can I say, no matter how much I dislike Nightmare, he could send the people I care for out on a suicide mission if he so chooses. So here I am, trying to expand the garden so that Dust won't be forced to go out as much on my behalf. The things you put up with for the people you care for. I worked on the garden for about 3 more hours before I finished for the day. After making sure everything was perfect 3x over I went to find Papy. He was in the library again.

I checked the books cover and it was about.... What the hell? Why would he want to know about baby bones? Mabey he got curious about them? I mean I don't think Papy was ever around another baby bones, not one that dust hadn't had to kill anyways. Deciding to leave Papy to his own devices, I went and found Dust. He was looking at an old photo? It was back when he was on a normal classic timeline. Guess he misses the old times... Can't say I blame him. Especially because of how toxic Nightmare is, and how controlling he can be.

I was in a playful move so I snuck up behind him and scared him. He jumped but that was it. I giggled and spotted Dust smiling. "How are you doing Kage?" Oh yeah, everyone but Nightmare calls me Kage. "Im doing fine, by the way did you know that Papyrus is looking up baby bones?" Surprise flickered in his eyes, so I guess not. "Do you know why he's looking up information about baby bones?" "No, I assumed he got curious or something- you don't think he's planning something do you?"

Dust seemed to really think about it. Then settled for "Knowing our luck, he probably is." I frowned, I know Papy means we'll but, it's dangerous to mess with Nightmare. Hell I'm probably luckier then Nightmares Idiots. They have their own soul, emotions and can make their own decisions sure, but that also means that they can turn on nightmare so he keeps a hold of them as tightly as possible. Manipulating their minds and emotions. "I know he has good intentions but..." "He's lashing out and causing others to be harmed." "Yeah.... What could he be planning is the question."

We both discussed what it could be, throwing out ideas. The most outlandish being that he wanted to turn Nightmare into a baby bones. It would be hilarious but I don't want to think what Nightmare would do if that happened. We decided to try and keep a closer eye on him. Because well, we don't want to end up on Nightmares shit list. Hopefully it wasn't something like that. Cause then he may actually kill me... Since I'm getting any punishment for his actions. He has stayed out of trouble so far so I'm hoping he stays out of trouble but I don't think that it's likely. Here's so hoping though

Time skip 5 months

It's been 5 months and we, Dust and I, still don't know what Papyrus is planning. Everyone in the castle  knows that he's planning something but not what he's planning. Nightmare even tried ordering me to tell him what Papyrus was planning but I truly didn't know. Other then Dust and I constantly worrying over what Papy is up too, a few things have happened. Some good, some bad.

I finally managed to create a good amount of the ingredients for Nightmares food so I don't have to constantly ask Dust to go out. I started adding fruits and vegetables so I can feed the others with fresh produce every now and then. The star idiots tried attacking again as well, however after the first time Nightmare ordered a bunch of more protections to be placed, they didn't even leave a scratch on the door! However the balance started to tip over in favour of Positivity and Creation. Don't get me wrong, Nightmare doesn't care for the balance, but that means that he's getting weaker and has to go out more. Same with the rest of the idiots and especially poor Error.

Honestly Nightmare is the only true 'Evil' sans here. The others were put in a bad spot, and made bad decisions. Heck, Error is being forced to destroy by Fate! Really it's fate fault if you think about it. She lets Ink do whatever the fuck he wants, didn't tell Ink about the balance and decided to screw over everyone that is living in this mansion. I know she knows about me too, but has thankfully left me alone. I was surprised she didn't kill me for nearly dusting 'her Baby'. Mabey Destiny is keeping her away from me, or another God.

All I know is, is that Fate hasn't looked at me since I nearly killed Ink and his gang for destroying my front door. Well, Nightmare's front door, but still. I take pride in keeping this place clean damnit! Like I get it, Nightmare and Error are your enemy's #1 and 2 but leave the door out of it! Then, I heard an explosion outside. 'Shit' I teleported outside and saw Dust looking at Papyrus in disbelief, the others shortly teleported here, then Dust yelled yelled out "YOU WANT TO WHAT?!?!"

Papyrus's answer made me turn cold, "I WANT TO MAKE KAGE A BIOLOGICAL SKELETON, AND NOT JUST A SHADOW SKELETON! ALL SHE NEEDS TO DO IS GET HIT WITH THIS POTION." Then shows Dust a potion. I heard the other take in a sharp breath. Then the link between Nightmare and I opened some, I could feel his shock, and curiousity. 'oh no..' I do not want to become an actual skeleton! Besides, who would my biological parents become? "Have you even asked Kage yet?!?! Also who do you think will end up being their parent? Because Kage isn't gonna just suddenly have a body and no parents!"

Thank you Dust! "WELL IF I MADE THE POTION RIGHT, YOU, DUST, WOULD BE THEIR FATHER. I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT NIGHTMARE BECOMMING THEIR MOTHER THOUGH." I was shook. "So you want them as your Niece? Nephew?" "ITS NOT THAT, BUT THAT IS A BONUS. IF I MAKE KAGE A REAL SKELETON THEN NIGHTMARE WILL HAVE TO CALL THEM BY THEIR NAME AND NOT JUST A NUMBER!" I- I like being a shadow skeleton. It's fun, I can blend and okay with the shadows. Besides, who would take over my responsibilities, fix the castle and take care of my garden? Please don't let Nightmare agree to this.

Here is chapter 4! I hope you enjoyed, thoughts?