Temporal Changes

Alura returns to the future for a brief time in the break between Devoe's attacks, where the absence of her presence starts to deteriorate her relationships in the future, and then to add to her troubles, she finds out an exhilarating, yet terrible side effect of her time travel. 

"When the hell did you guys get powers?" Alura asked as she sat down with them as they hungrily munched down on a buffet of Big Belly Burger.

"Auntie Alex did a little body scan on us, and she found that we had these chips in our bodies, put there from birth to control our powers, Bart had a speed dampener and I had a red sun chip," Dawn explained.

"You guys realize that mom put that there, you weren't mad at her?" Alura asked.

"Oh hell no! I think it gave me a somewhat normal life up until now," Bart said.

"Yeah, I think we didn't really want powers until you got yours, but that's beside the point," Dawn said.

"Where's Steve? I need to talk to him," Alura said.

"He's at the DEO, he's been super worried about you," Bart said.

"I'll head over there right now," Alura told them.

"Then you'll tell us where you've been?" Bart asked Alura, Alura sighed.

"If I tell you, it will hurt the timeline, you've heard Uncle Mon talk about it, right?" Alura asked.

"Yes, breaking the timeline, we get it," Dawn said with mild disappointment. 

Alura walked up and hugged both of them.

"I promise that when this blows over, you'll see it with both of your eyes," Alura whispered, her eyes filling with tears.

"Whatever it is, it better be worth the time you're away from us," Dawn told her.

"I promise it is, I promise, with all of my heart, you're not going to be disappointed," Alura told them.

She sped off to the DEO and entered Steve's office. His shield was missing from its place, indicating he is on a mission.

"Mind telling me why you've been absent for so long?" Alex asked.

"Sorry Auntie Alex, just personal things, that's all, I may have to take a couple more days off if you don't mind."

"Not at all, Kara's doing her job now that there's a new vigilante in Gotham, it spiked her and Clark's interest, also she's reforming the Justice League, I thought you'll take a look at the initiative."

"I will, but first, where's Steve?"

"He's on a mission in France, he's dealing with an international crime syndicate that just resurfaced, and it smuggles aliens, the Court of Owls."

Alex handed Alura her personal phone, she saw pictures of men in masks and aliens in cages. People ranging from rock creatures to humanoids that if looked at from a certain angle could be considered humans. 

"You sent him with a squad?" Alura asked.

"I wanted to, but Steve wanted to do this alone, his... his mother was an alien, a Starhavenite, they're greatly sought after because of their exotic beauty, and she was kidnapped by these very same people," Alex explained.

"His mother... he never talked about her with me, how do you know this?"

"Research, and Kara's ears," Alex said.

"At least you're honest with me," Alura huffed out. 

She got out of the room and adjusted her cape.

"Where are you going? And where's the suit?" Alex asked.