Part 3

I scowled at the down pour that tapped against the glass outside of my math classroom. The journey home would be a great one. The bell rang, but sadly I had to talk to Ms. Constance before I went home. I had nothing against Ms. Constance, but I really was not in the mood for it today. I walked to her office and she was already waiting for me at the door. "Hey Grace, come on in!" She said cheerily. For the next half an hour, we talked about my feelings, how to keep away from bullies, and if I had any plans to hurt myself. Barf.

Afterwards I put on my raincoat and braved the the clouds cold wet tears. I was drenched as soon as I stepped out of the school. I kept my head low as my hair clung to my face. It was an hour long walk. Just peachy! A car drove past, splashing even more water onto me. I started day dreaming about the nice, hot shower I'd have when I got home.

Suddenly a truck rolled up next to me. The passenger seat window rolled down, and inside was a guy about 18 or 19. I stared at him, he was gorgeous. From his caramel skin to his big brown eyes and perfect pink lips... simply gorgeous. "Need a lift?" He offered, flashing a beautiful set of perfect straight teeth. "Um..." I said, awe struck. "It's only going to get worse from here," He said, looking concerned. He is so damn cute... Ah! "Alright," I said, climbing into his truck. I knew this went against all the rules of "stranger danger" but I couldn't help it... He was so enchanting.

"Where to?" He asked me. "Turn left here," I told him, trying not to stare. "I'm Aidan," He said, turning to look at me. "Shouldn't you keep your eyes on the road?" I asked nervously. He laughed and I blushed. "I'm Grace, turn right." He smiled, turning right and said "Nice to meet you Grace turn right!" I laughed, he was so cute. Sadly, we had almost reached my house. "It's number 72," I told him. He pulled up in front of my house, and I really did not want to leave. "Thank you for the ride, Aidan," I tried to put on a smile, but I probably looked like a grimacing wet dog. "No problem, hopefully I'll see you around!" He said, flashing those irresistable pearly whites once again. "Yea, hopefully!" I said as I jumped out of the truck.

I ran inside, hoping my parents did not see me in the truck with a stranger. I opened my front door, only to find my mother there, waiting for me. Busted."Hi Grace, how was school?" Was all she said. "Great!" I told her. Maybe she would bring up my car ride with Aidan later...

The rest of the evening I felt butterflies in my stomach. Not even my father could put a damper on my mood. My thoughts were all Aidan - related, from his sculpted figure to his face and his close - cropped hair. And those lips.... Oh those lips! I went to sleep thinking about the last thing he had said - "hopefully I'll see you around!" I really hoped so too.