Part 7

"So how is everything going?" Ms. Constance asked me. My smile spread from cheek to cheek. Everything was wonderful; I haven't felt this happy in a long time. "Everything's good, Miss." 

She smiled at me. "Alright, I guess you can go back to class." I smiled back at her, standing up and thanking her before practically skipping out the door. For the past week, Aidan and I had been spending every day together. We went to the movies, the mall, or just drove around in his truck. He was my closest friend... he was more than that. I couldn't spend enough time with him. Every minute with him was something new, something exciting. I learned all about him - he loved the colour blue, he hates white bread, his favourite food is french fries. 

I walked into class, the smile still illuminating my face. I sat down at my desk, not paying attention to what the teacher was saying. The day went by in a haze, I barely remembered moving from class to class. I was the first one out of class, almost running to get outside where I knew Aidan would be waiting for me with his truck. 

And there he was, smiling in all his masculine glory, leaning against that sleek black truck. I ran to him. "Hi!"

I said, a little out of breath. I'm not in the best shape. "Hey," he said, taking my bag for me. He kissed me on the cheek, a familiar greeting that still never failed to make my heart melt. "I have a surprise for you," he said, a mischievous grin on his face.

We drove to a pretty little park. It had a beautiful view of a large pond, where ducks quacked and swam happily. Aidan pulled a picnic basket and blanket from the back of his truck. "This is so cheesy," I complained, though secretly I loved it. "I know you love cheesiness," Aidan said with a wink, and I laughed. 

We set up near the pond, and Aidan pulled sandwiches and fruits out of the basket. I went straight for the strawberries, and Aidan munched on a turkey sandwich. He pulled a loaf of white bread from the basket. "I thought you hated white bread," I asked him. "I do, but ducks love it." He ripped a piece of bread from a slice, throwing it towards the ducks. It hit one in the head, and they all dove for it. "You're abusing the ducks!" I said, trying my best not to laugh. "They enjoy it!" Aidan said laughing. I took some of the bread, throwing it and watching the ducks fight over it. "You have to admit, that's funny," Aidan said, smiling. "Or maybe we're both sadistic psychos," I said, playfully pushing him. "You can sadistic me any day baby," he said, winking again. I laughed, mostly because it didn't make any sense. We both went back to feeding the ducks, Aidan wrapped his arm around my waist. "Hey I forgot something in the truck, I'll be right back," he said jumping up, before I could say a word. I sat there alone, watching the ducks, until I felt someone behind me. 

"Wow, picnicking alone? You really are a loser." I turned to see Amy, smirking. I stood up quickly. "I'm not alone, just go away." She gave me that cocky grin, putting her hands on her hips. "You are alone. No one would hang out with you." I could feel my blood boiling, the tears behind my eyes threatening to fall. "Oh yeah? I don't see you here with anyone!" I said, my patience finally running out. Amy scowled, "shut the fuck up you dumb bitch." And with that she turned on her heel, walking away. I sat back down, feeling very defeated. I had no idea what I did to that girl, and she was never going to leave me alone. 

Aidan came rushing back, his smile disappearing as soon as he saw the look on my face. "What's wrong?" He asked me.  "Nothing," I said looking away. He pulled me up onto my feet, wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back, letting a few tears escape. He looked at me, wiping them away with his thumbs, before kissing my forehead. "What did you get from the truck?" I asked him, sniffling. "Oh yeah, that reminds me," Aidan said, getting down on one knee. Oh my God, he's proposing. "Grace..." He started. No, no, no, we barely know each other. "I know we barely know each other..." Oh my, he's crazy, I should run. My legs didn't work. "But I'd like to get to know you better, and I was wondering..." He pulled a ring pop from behind his back. My eyes widened. He's proposing to me with a ring pop. A RING POP! I should really run. My legs still continued to ignore my brain. "If you'd be my girlfriend." Girlfriend. He wanted me to be his girlfriend. Aidan laughed. "The look on your face right now is priceless." He stood up, opening the ring pop and sliding it onto my finger. I still just stared at him. This gorgeous, godly man wanted ME to be his girlfriend? I expected to wake up in my bed any minute. "Lick the ring pop if it's a yes," Aidan said. I could tell he was trying really hard to contain his laughter, which I was grateful for. I slowly brought the ring pop to my mouth, licking it. I hope that looked more seductive than silly. Aidan's booming laughter told me it looked silly. He hugged me tightly, and I hugged him back, loving the feeling of being in his arms. My boyfriend's arms. This was too good to be true. But it was true. 

We picked up all our picnic stuff, holding hands as we walked back to the truck. The sun was beginning to set as we got into the truck. "I had a lot of fun today," I said, blushing. Aidan reached for my hand. "Me too." We sat in silence after that, just enjoying each other's company. It was dark by the time we pulled up to my house. I didn't mind, I realized my parents were never going to care enough to wonder where I've been. I turned to Aidan, who was staring at me intensely. I blushed again, and Aidan reached up, stroking my cheek. My eyes trailed to his lips, they were so perfect. "Can I kiss you?" He asked me. My breathe caught in my throat. I've never kissed a boy before, but if there was anyone I wanted to kiss, it was Aidan. I nodded, closing my eyes. I felt his lips on mine, a shiver running through my spine. His hand was still on my cheek, the other rested on my thigh. He moved his lips in a way that felt so amazing, and I tried to do the same. I felt him smiling just before he pulled away, and I opened my eyes, blinking. "You are so beautiful," he told me, looking into my eyes. I smiled, blushing. "Now get out of my car," he said jokingly. "You ruined the moment," I said with a laugh. I opened the car door, running up to my house. I turned and waved at him and he waved back. Aidan is my boyfriend. Aidan is my boyfriend. Aidan is my boyfriend. I kept chanting in my thoughts. I jumped into bed, falling into peaceful bliss. That was the best day of my life.