~ Chapter 11 ~

~ 1 week later ~

So, things aren't getting better. The campers keep trying to earn Neander's forgiveness and he's not letting up. I have to say, the most annoying is Annabeth. She's been trying everything she can to woo him. Bringing him blue foods, trying to return Riptide, and bringing up old memories. The memories do nothing but make things worse.

After the campers realized that Neander didn't care about their complaining, they began to work. In just this week, they've improved more than they probably would have in two months.

As for Neander, well things aren't going well. He trains with the campers but he doesn't talk to them. He's not eating and only works. He works from sun up to sun down training and working on battle plans. He has backup plans for his backup plans that have backup plans for another backup plan. He says he's on his last plan. Hopefully, he gets his act together BEFORE Order finds out.

"Luke!" Zoe screamed.

"What?"

"Neander is done with his plans. He wants everyone in the amphitheater ASAP."

I nodded and followed Zoe to the amphitheater. When we arrived the cabin leaders, Elite members, and gods were there but Neander was missing.

"Luke," my dad waved me over to the gods.

I walked over to them and looked at them suspiciously. Why do they want to talk to me?

"How can I help you?" I asked.

"I need to know about my son," Poseidon said sadly.

I shook my head, "No. As Neander said, you're not his father. Therefore, I can't give you the information you want. And even if you were, after everything you've done I still wouldn't tell you anything."

"Luke. Think about how you would feel if the person that you loved or cared for was so angry at you they didn't want to talk to you," Hera said.

"I would think about what I've done and respect their decision. And why do you all care anyway? I can understand Poseidon but the rest of you I can't. Do you want to keep him around for your next problem? Or because you feel guilty?" I asked.

They looked down. I scoffed and walked away.

"What did they want?" Bianca asked, looking at the gods who were glaring at me.

"Something they won't get."

"Let's have this meeting so we can all go about our day," Neander said walking over.

"I have plans for the battle. They're going to be sending small groups of monsters to test us. When we go to fight, everyone won't be going. My team, the seven, and other campers that always fight need to be there so they won't be suspicious. We'll add other random campers to throw them off. It'll also be unorganized. But when the actual battle comes, then these are the plans," he said holding up papers.

"I have these for the cabin leaders, Athena's cabin, and Athena. Everyone needs to tell their group of campers what to do and always be prepared at a moment's notice," he said, giving them the papers.

Athena and Annabeth looked over the papers with surprised looks.

"These are good," Athena complimented.

"Why did you think they wouldn't be?" Zoe asked.

"It's just normally he doesn't look at all the options," Annabeth answered.

I rolled my eyes, "No. He did. He just didn't say anything because of you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Annabeth asked.