~ Chapter 6 ~

Luke's POV

"Where is he going? How can he say that and just leave?" Leo asked.

"Sorry. It's just that Neander and Percy were VERY close. It hurt him most when he died," Zoe said.

"How-how did he die?" Leo asked.

"You're Leo, Thalia, and Nico right? He talked about you a lot. How about we go to our cabin and you can talk to Neander," I suggested.

"Is that a good idea?" Beckendorf asked.

I shrugged.

"I'm going too," Annabeth demanded.

"No," Bianca deadpanned.

"And why not?" she asked.

"Because we know about you and everything you've done. And we don't like you," I said and walked away. We walked back to our cabin with the three extra demigods. When we made it inside they sat on the couch and looked around.

"I'll be back. I'm going to get Neander," I muttered.

I walked upstairs and heard quiet sobbing coming from Neander's room. I opened the door and the scene broke my heart. He was sitting on his bed with his legs pulled into his chest, crying.

"Hey, Neander."

"Go away," he said, trying not to cry.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I'm telling you to."

"Well, I don't care."

I sat on the bed and pulled him into a hug. I let him cry until he couldn't. He dried his tears and looked at me embarrassed.

"It's okay. I know you missed Thalia, Nico, and Leo over these years. They're downstairs if you want to talk to them. If not then I'll tell them to come back another time," I said quickly.

"No, it's fine," he said, standing up and putting on his cloak and mask.

Before he turned the corner he turned back to look at me with a small smile, "Oh and thank you."

Neander's POV

I feel kind of embarrassed. I can't remember the last time I cried in front of someone. I brushed that feeling away and walked downstairs. Leo, Thalia, and Nico were sitting on the couch and looked nervous. I sat on the couch across from them and waited for them to talk.

"What did Percy tell you about us," Thalia asked.

"Everything. He said that you were one of the few people he trusted. He wanted to see you again but he didn't know how dangerous it would be. He missed you more than you can ever imagine," I said.

"How did he die?" Nico asked.

"Sorry, I lied about that," I responded, rubbing the back of my neck.

"He's alive?" Leo asked.

I nodded my head.

"Where is he? Is he okay? Will he ever come back? Can we see him?" Nico asked quickly.

"He's fine. He doesn't want to come back and yes you can see him."

"When can he come?" Leo asked.

"Right now," I said, taking off the cloak and mask.

They all looked at me stunned before breaking off into a run towards me. They hugged me while they cried.

"I'm so sorry I didn't come back for you," I said sadly.

Thalia hit me, "You have nothing to be sorry for. We're sorry we didn't try to stop them in time."

"There's nothing you could have done," I said.

"What happened all these years?" Thalia asked, going back to the couch.

"Well, I died apparently. But, I came back. My name is now Neander. I have two adoptive parents Chaos and Order. And although we have different parents, I have 5 siblings plus the primordials. I've been traveling the universe and helping save planets in danger with my team," I said happily.

"Is there anyone that you like now?" Thalia asked with a smirk.

"What? No."

"Are you blushing?" Nico asked, laughing.

"No way."

"I think he is," Leo said, smirking.

"No. Leave it alone. Now, what's happened here?" I asked.

Leo sighed, "After everything that happened, Nico and I don't stay here. Sometimes Artemis lets us travel with the hunters so we can be close to Thalia. Or we complete quests and missions for Hades, Apollo, or Hestia."

"And Poseidon has been a mess since a couple of months after you were banished. The fates showed the campers and gods what happened. They've been looking for you since then," Nico added.

"But Marcus still stays here. Some people are upset with him so he only really has about five friends. Your ex-friends say that they're sorry and regret everything. Annabeth hopes that when they find you that you'll take her back," Thalia informed me.

I sighed, "There's no way I'm taking her back. Aphrodite couldn't even help her with that."

The rest of the team came into the living room and sat scattered around. Luke sat beside me and Bianca on the other side.

"You told them good. I couldn't take your complaining about not seeing them any longer," Luke said dramatically.

"Time stop acting like you don't like him ranting to you," Silena told him. Everyone in the room chuckled.

"Are we ever going to find out who you guys are?" Nico asked everyone else.

"Maybe after the primordial meeting," Charles said.

They nodded. We watched some movies and played video games for the rest of the night. Leo, Nico, and Thalia left after a while.

"What are we going to do about this meeting?" Zoe asked.

"We have to go and hope that Eros and Aither don't do anything embarrassing," I said, shrugging.

"Works for me," Silena said before going back to painting her nails.