KING OF BOYS.

Omo! It was today I knew that my mom had been right about my friends all along. Those bitches were grade A liars. I mean, we have been friends for over ten years, you'd think the least they could do was to tell me the truth, all the fucking time.

"Oh look at you, always taking all the fine boys."

"Filé fun won! King of Fine Boys!"

Which fine boys? Which fine boys were in Abulè? None! Bunch of fucking liars, I am telling you. They would have been more accurate if they called me: King of Abulè boys. Bunch of idiots.

I blame myself too o, for believing their lies, but my eyes don shine and all in all sha, I still blame them more.

I could have called Kudirat right then but she would probably have been in one of her boyfriend's place. To God who made me, that girl is an ashewo. I seriously did not get the deal. Why could she not just spread her legs for one boy? Why did it have to be multiple of them? Why did she have to even do it in the first place? Well, that one sef is her business. I would make sure to confront her later. The stupid liar.

Anyways, Ikeja was the place to be, honestly. Fine boys everywhere, even oyinbo boys, and when I say fine, I mean FINE! Handsome! Like, come-let-me-spread-ice-cream-on-you-and-eat. In other words, delicious. And I've been in this world since and I did not know.

Speaking of people that I blame ehn, I blame my mom too. How can you keep your child cooped up in one community for almost eighteen years? No travelling to visit relatives, no nothing. I turn this way and it's Abulè I see, I turn that way and I still see it. Ahn-ahn!

Not to be mean or anything o, I think she was just selfish but I could not really blame her like that, because she was lonely too.

My father had died while she had still been pregnant with me and she had struggled and struggled to make ends meet. Men! When responsibilities come, in form of a child of course, it is either they run away or they drop dead at one point. Yes nau! He could have avoided his death if he had just been satisfied with my mom but he had not, obviously. He just had to go to his girlfriend's house and he had gotten killed by another jealous boyfriend. Rubbish nonsense!

My mom threw herself into selling okirika on the streets of Lagos. She worked very hard to put food on the table for me and her. But that is not the point. The point is, Màale never remarried. She never had that person she could talk to at night about her day, she never had a man to look after her. Sure she had flings but that was all they were; flings. I was all she had. I was the only person she would gist about her day, the only person she complained to, the only person she fought with. I was flattered at first but she had just taken it a step too far abeg.

She had just gotten so clingy and frustrating all of a sudden. She was both of those things before o, but it had become too much for me. Everytime: my daughter do this, omó mi do that. I was so tired of it all that I had to visit Aunty Fisayomi who lived at Ikeja.

I had never been outside Abulè so you could imagine my joy and giddiness. I had called Kudi and she had screamed with me and had told me that I must get laid. She had told me to "taste another dick," and I had asked the idiot when I told her that I had even tasted dick in the first place, the fool had just hissed and had hung up. I had called my boyfriend, Tishe, next and he had been angry and had told me that he would break up with me if I stepped out of Abulè.

See, if you give men an inch ehn, even less than an inch sef, they will take a mile. I had been so shocked ehn, I just told him bye-bye and ended the call. He had texted on the day that I wanted to leave, saying that he loved me and he did not want to lose me. For the love part ehn, the werey dey cap effortlessly! He knew! He knew that Ikeja boys were finer than him. He knew that his fineness did not even reach half of their own fineness.