Chapter 25: Bath Time

Narrator's POV

Lauren was in the office. She took her phone and texted Camila.

From Lauren: Hi, Camila!

From Lauren: You don't have to pick me up at 5.

Camila was in her living room, reading a book when the notification popped up. She read the message and wondered if Lauren changed her mind and did not want to meet her again. Another message from Lauren showed up before she managed to send her message.

From Lauren: I'm leaving the office now.

Camila decided to call Lauren.

Lauren: Hello!

Camila: Hi, Are you okay? Are you sick? (Camila thought Lauren left the office earlier because she was not feeling well)

Lauren: Yes, I am fine. They cut the office hour, so we can leave earlier today.

Camila: Oh, I'll pick you up. (Camila was not busy)

Lauren: No, it's fine. I am heading to the train station now. (Lauren had left the building when Camila called her)

Camila: Are you still up for... our dinner? (Camila had to stop and think about how to address what they were doing) and tonight?

Lauren: Yes.

Camila: Are you sure, you don't want me to pick you up? I can leave in five minutes.

Lauren: Yes, I am good. I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home, too.

Camila: I can pick you up at the grocery store.

Lauren: Okay.

Camila: Is that the one, near your stop?

Lauren: Yes.

Camila: I'll be there in 15 minutes.

Lauren: You can take your time. I want to enjoy my shopping. (Lauren did not want to rush Camila and she also wanted to enjoy her shopping time.)

Camila: Okay, (Camila smiled) I'll call you when I got there.

Lauren: Okay, thank you!

Camila: See you soon! Bye

Lauren: Bye...

Camila went to her bedroom and got ready to leave. She left her apartment in fifteen minutes. She drove to the grocery store where Lauren usually went for her groceries. Camila knew which one since these past few days, they talked a lot of things beside had a lot of sex. They talked about the books they read, the movie they watched, things going on around the world, and Lauren's life. The only things they did not discuss were what Camila did for a living, Camila's best friends, and family. Camila was still unwilling to share much about herself.

Arriving at the parking lot, Camila went inside the store to find Lauren. She did not call Lauren. She would find her. Walked into the store, Camila's eyes started scanning the store to find Lauren. She saw her at the wine section. Camila hugged Lauren from behind and kissed her cheek. Lauren was surprised and smiled, "Hey... you did not call me."

Camila smiled and hugged her tighter, "For you!" She gave Lauren a bouquet with a single red rose which she bought on the way to the grocery store.