Chapter 6

The car ride to Dominic's pack was long and quiet.

Dominic was driving while I sat in the back seat between two males. I had learned that they were to be my guards for when we reached Dominic's pack and for the times he wasn't around.

I already felt uncomfortable with this. Not only did I not need a babysitter but they didnt look like they had fun very often. Not the kind of people I would want to spend a lot of time with.

Ashton, who sat on my right was a burly man with blonde hair and beard. His eyes were ice blue and frightening.

On my left was Michael, a darker haired man with no facial hair but just as frightening.

My wolf and I were both surprised and a little hurt that our mate had asked his Gamma to sit in the passenger seat.

His Gamma, unlike Ashton and Michael, seemed to be more out going. He had redish copper hair. Dominic had introduced him as Luke.

Behind our car was another one that was filled with more of his pack members, which were Dominic's Beta, his new mate and her guards.

When Dominic told about the other girl's guards it made me feel a little better but I was still going fight the idea.

Every once in a while I felt the need to look into the rearview mirror and when I did, I was always met with Dominic's eyes. Then he would look back at the road and my wolf would purr inside.

"He wants us. I can feel his wolf" she would say.

Feeling another's wolf was something only true mates could do, since they were destined for each other.

We seemed to drive on forever and I could feel my eyes start to drop. I was afraid to fall asleep because I knew Dominic and his wolf would be furious if I leaned on either Ashton or Michael for support in my sleep.

"Are we going to stop for the night?" I asked, my voice a whisper.

Luke turned around to look at me.

"No, the Alpha wants to return home as soon as possible" he said

Ever since finding our mate, my wolf had seemed to have a new found confidence. She was angry that our mate hadn't answered the question.

Since my wolf was compliant before, I never felt the need to learn to control our connection. I was surprised when I felt her take over.

"Well then I guess i'm going to have to use Michael as a pillow" I heard my voice say.

"Stop it. Give me back control" I yelled in my mind.

She was about to give some snippy reply when a growl vibrated the car.

"We will be stopping for the night-" Dominic paused, catching my eyes in the mirror "- and then you will be punished"