Chapter 3

Every she-wolf in our existence hasn't been able to shift without mating.

This didn't mean that we didn't feel or connect with our wolfs inside of us, just that we weren't able to shift.

Each wolf has a different personality, some alike with the person they embodied and others weren't. Thankfully mine wasn't the latter. My wolf and I were equal on all levels and thats why I found it weird that when I felt her stirring inside me.

I was going to try to reach out to her when I felt a nudge on my side. Breaking out of my thoughts I realized that it was time for the girls to line up according to rank, and since my father was an the Alpha of the hosting pack, Amelia and I were to start the line.

I felt very aware of myself as I walked over to stand beside my sister. Everybody was watching us but it felt like someone was watching me differently then everybody else was.

As we stood in line and I waited for the rest of the girls to line up, I peaked over at the males, guessing if I could pick out the man that would be my partner for the rest of my life.

Thats when I noticed him.

There was no reason to doubt this mans power. He was wearing a dark blue suit that was tailored perfectly to his body, the suit made his own blue eyes stand out. He had dark blond hair that was pushed back and a little facial hair that made him seem more manlier, if possible.

There was a reason I noticed how blue his eyes were, he was looking right at me. I wanted to look away, show that I wasn't interested, even though nobody had ever sparked a feeling compared to what he was making me feel.

But I couldn't, the longer we stared at each other, the more his eyes started to turn dark and the more I could feel my wolf.

I couldn't understand the connection between him and my wolf, but there was one there.

It felt like he was calling to me and I wanted to go to him. I was about to move when I heard my father speaking.

"It is my honor to host this year Choosing, since my own two daughters are attending as well. But I would also would like to thank the Alphas, Betas and any others who came from their home to be here tonight. The Choosing is part of every wolfs life. Its tradition and its important that we keep it that way. I met my own mate a Choosing many years ago and we hold a bond like no other. I know how nervous some of the girls are so we will start the announcements right away. First mating will be to Alpha Dominic of the Blood Moon Pack "

The man I had been looking at started to walked towards my father and whispered a name in his ear.

I couldn't help but feel jealous about the girl he chose and and felt regret for wishing to be called last.

My father looked at him and looked over at Amelia and I, and smiled. I could feel waves of excitement rolling off my sister.

I had never been jealous of Amelia before but there was a first time for everything.

I wanted to be the pretty one, the outgoing one, the one everybody wanted to be with. Maybe then he would have chose me.

My fathers voice rang clear with pride "Alpha Dominic will be mated to Scarlett Lomes"

What? Me? This had to be a mistake.

I could feel my sister stiffen at my side, thats what got me moving towards my father and him.

The closer I got the louder my wolf got. I stopped right in front of them. Looking into his eyes I felt the world around us start to blur.

"Your not close enough" he said in a deep husky voice.

At the same time he reached for me and grabbed my waist, I could finally hear what my wolf was saying

"'Mate"

He was my true mate.