Chapter 1

"Scarlett, come on" my twin sister Amelia whined from the doorway.

"You can go on without me, I'll be there soon" I said hoping she would actually do something I asked for once.

Tonight my life would change forever and I would like a few moments to myself. But Amelia would never understand that. Tonight was the Choosing cereamony, a night where higher ranked males pick their mate, true or not.

"And have you not show up and get me in trouble? I don't think so" she said walking towards me and grabbing my arm.

Looking at our fading reflection in the mirror I let her drag me out of the room. Many people found it hard to believe that Amelia and I are twins. We are the complete opposites. In everything. Where she has light blonde hair and almost emerald green eyes, I have dark brown hair and blue eyes. Where she was outgoing and a social butterfly, I was quieter and more private. Sometimes in the hallways at school I heard some of the other kids talking about how much I must be jealous of her, but the truth was I wasn't.

Amelia lived her life to please others and I lived my life to please myself, no matter how little my pleasures were.

Tonight was another thing we had completely different thoughts on. All our lives all Amelia wanted was to attend the Choosing, because our father is an Alpha and our mother was the daughter of a Beta, we or she will be picked by a Alpha and thats what she wants. She didn't care if the man she mated to wasn't the one the moon goddess intended for her to.

I did.

As rare as true mates were because of the Choosing, I couldn't understand why we turn our backs on a beautiful blessing given by the moon goddess; unconditional love. I didn't realize how deep into my own thoughts I was in until I saw the Pack Hall, a place where our pack held such events.

"Try to smile to night Scarlett, I know this kind of thing isn't what you've ever been into but I want you to be pair with someone great, like I will be. They won't pick you if you don't give them something to go on" Amelia said before we walked in.

"Don't worry about me Amelia, tonight you will become someones Luna" I said squeezing her hand.

After tonight we wouldn't share a house together, in fact we probably won't see each other for a long time. I knew she was thinking the same thing as me because she squeezed my hand back.
She let go of my hand and we looked at each other as if saying goodbye to each other and the life we shared and we walked into the beginning of our new one.