Chapter Six: The Mystery Princess in Blue

I am awoken by a growling monster named 'My Stomach'. I sigh and throw off my covers. I trudge down stairs and into the kitchen. I make some oatmeal for every one and serve everyone else first. Like usual, I serve myself last. I take Coleen's, Dianne's and Kora's bowl upstairs and set them on the table where the, like usual, are sitting. Lazily waiting for their breakfast.

"How was last night?" I ask as I set their plates in front of them.

"Not good." Coleen mumbles with picking at the oatmeal with her spoon.

"How so?" I ask before going back into the kitchen.

"They're calling her 'The Mysterious Princess in Blue.'" Kora says happily, then proudly continues. "This mysterious girl showed up last night and apparently her and Prince Justin had met before. He danced with her for a while. But then, when the king asked her her name, she left. Just like that." She says in awe as she stares at her food.

"You should have seen her, Ella! She was beautiful!" Kora exclaims.

"Shush!" Dianne demands harshly. "She ruined my daughters' chance for being engaged to the prince. I will not ignore that. So stop talking so highly about that woman!" She scolds Kora.

She called me a woman? I thought I was nothing but a wretched girl to her. But yet again, she doesn't know that she is me. I say to myself.

"Yes mom." Kora says with disappointment, her beautiful smile disappearing.

I wink at her and her smile returns. I yearned to tell her who the mystery princess really was. But I couldn't.

I return to the kitchen to eat. But as I eat, something boils in my mind that Kora had said. She said the mystery princess in blue had danced with the prince. But I didn't dance with Prince Justin. I had danced with PJ.

Wait! PJ...P... Prince... J... Justin... click!

PJ IS PRINCE JUSTIN!

I gasp at my discovery. Surprised, yet disappointed. He had lied to me when I was trying so hard not to lie to him. Actually, I didn't try hard at all. It was easy not to lie to him. It was hard, how ever, not to lie to the people I lived with.

I remembered the message I had given him. Now I only needed to wait three days till I could see him again.

At least, that's what Ella thought. But little did she know about the prince's eagerness to find her and speak to her again. For now, he only had one clue. Ella's glass slipper. He had organized a search for The Mystery Princess in Blue. He was trying the glass slipper on every young maiden with black hair. But he didn't know there would be so many. And this is now the third day after the ball. Now, lets get back to Ella. Shall we?

I prance around my room, knowing that tonight I would get to see my prince. By stomach was churning with excitement.

"Madam Dianne, bow to me." I say to myself in my room as I childishly pretend to be a princess.

"Yes, your highness. So sorry, your highness." A familiar voice says behind me.

I whip around, frightened that it would be Dianne or Coleen or Kora. But I sigh in relief as I realize that its only the woman who had given me the dress, the carriage, the horses, the foot men, the coachman and a new chance at happiness.

"Its only you." I say, relieved.

"Yep." She says and looks around my room.

"How'd you get in here?" I ask.

"Never mind that. How did your big night go?" she asks, excited and ready to hear every bit and detail.

"It was good. Other than, I lost one of my slippers." I chuckle.