America

It's been a week since John took me up to see the stars. I haven't spoken to him since, I don't even know what I would say. We stared up at the stars, talking until the sun started to rise. I didn't know John very well, he was just so easy to talk to. I felt like he wasn't letting me ramble on. He was actually listening.

"A coffee and a bagel? Is that all for you today?" I asked the young girl who was sitting with perfect posture on one of the bright red leather stools. When she nodded, I shot her a fake smile and turned to brew a coffee. The bell at the door rang and in came John. I was pleasantly surprised of how happy I was to see him.

John walked over to where I was working and smiled. 

"Is it always this busy in here?" he asked. I looked around, John, the girl and I were the only ones here.

"No you've caught me in the middle of rush hour" I smiled at him. He laughed and took a seat on one of the stools. He was wearing a white shirt that reminded me of a pirate and dark pants.

"I'd like two orders of blueberry pancakes" he ordered, after briefly looking at the menu.

 Two?

 Who was the other one for?

"Coming right up" I replied, dread filling my stomach. I turned to the kitchen area and wrote down his order on a sticky note. The chef playfully raised her eyebrows at me as she grabbed the sticky and read the order.

While that was cooking I reached for a paper bag and grabbed the girls bagel for her. Her coffee was done so I snatched that too.

"Here you go" I stated, handing her the order. 

"Took you long enough" she huffed and walked out of the diner. I was going to say something but a dinging noise cut me off.

"ORDER UP" the chef called out. I made my way over to the back and grabbed the pancakes. I set them down onto the glossy counter and asked the question I had been dreading.

"Someone special joining you?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

He smirked and pulled out the stool next to him.

"Will you?".