Somethings Coming

The next day after John was introduced to the Jets, we decided to go about the town to maintain our standings within the city. It was interesting being part of a gang. There was a kind of a new status you reach, once it's official. Speaking of new status, John seemed to be adjusting well to the gangs atmosphere which was nice to see. Anyways, we ran through the streets aimlessly until we came to a small convenience store.

"Anyone want a can of soda?" Riff teased, motioning to the almost empty store. Laughs came from the crowd as Ice confidently walked over and opened the door. The shop itself was fairly old and there was only one employee working behind the desk. The fear in her eyes was obvious and you could tell she was scared. Who wouldn't be? The most well known gang in Manhattan had just entered a small convenience store that looked like they barely had enough money to pay rent for the place.

We made our way to the back of the store where the pop was kept in the glass fridges. Ice swung the door open and he started throwing cans over his shoulder hoping we would all catch one. Ice threw one in my direction and before I had time to react a hand caught the can an inch away from my face. Someones veiny hand lowered the pop can in front of me. I turned to see who saved my face from a huge bruise and to my left was John.

"Here ya go" he said handing it to me.

"Thanks" I smiled at him before returning my gaze to Ice throwing pop cans out of the fridge. Once he had deemed that he had tossed enough cans out, he made his way back to the front door of the store. He opened the door and smirked at me.

"Ladies first" he smiled. Ice wasn't a bad guy, he just didn't really know his place in the gang.

"You guys have to pay for that..." the lady's voice trailed off as we stepped onto the sidewalk and continued on our stroll. A feeling of guilt shot through my head and I looked around to see if anyone else felt bad.

 I would say that was the most eventful part of our day, after that we just walked around the city shooting glances at anyone who even looked near us.

Around 8pm the gang scattered, we weren't usually one for early nights but most of us had work tomorrow. After a while it was just me and John left.

"Can I show you something?" he asked, breaking the silence between us. I didn't have anything else to do, so I agreed.