˗ˋ 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY'RE CAUGHT

. . .

"You must be hungry by now." James commented, eyes drifting over to the corner of the changing room as he pulled the clean shirt over his head and left the top couple buttons undone, running a hand through his hair and propping up his glasses. 

"Hmm... yeah." Rosie adjusted her position on the wooden slats of the bench, nose wrinkling as he threw his sweaty jersey at her and chucking it back to him. "Are there good lunches here of is it time for me to return home?"

Following their escape from the now-empty Quidditch pitch, Rosie and James had shared only a few moments of peace and quiet before the rest of the team followed them into the changing rooms, the girl in charge of upholding spirits and congratulating all the players on their win whilst James showered. He had taken his time, his hair being something of a work of art that needed to be carefully washed with the specific products he had actually forgotten in his bag and asked Rosie to hand to him - this had led to her being dragged into the shower with him for an impromptu moment of passion before she left with complaints about her hair and a promise to wait as she dried off.

The blonde did just that, and by the time James had started getting his clothes on, his team - minus one straggler, who had made herself scarce upon realising who she had been left with - had left. And once again, James and Rosie were alone and newly threatened with the prospect of a new somewhat public escapade to complete. This, however, was only a particularly addictive thought that addled James's mind as he grazed over her appearance through his unstyled hair.

"Come on, the food here is always good." The Potter replied with that cocksure grin that ensured Rosie that everything at Hogwarts was acutely better than anywhere else. "Besides, you're not leaving until you have to, and that is certainly not until tomorrow morning at the very earliest."

He stood up after pulling on the only minorly embarassing snitch-covered socks and his shoes, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her through the archway to the small tiled bathroom area. Rosie lifted herself up onto the counter as James made his way about styling his hair, pulling his fingers through the damp waves. 

"Why?" Rosie eyed the handsome face before her as her fingers curled around the edge of the surface. "You getting attached, Potter?"

"Nah." He stood up straight and took a step back to examine his hair before coming back to her, rough hands pulling her hips to hers and feeling her legs wrap around his waist. "'m not attached. You're fun, and I don't exactly feel the pressures of having to feel entirely perfect in front of you."

"And whilst sex in the changing rooms is top on my list to check off, and the compliments is ensuring that it's on the table for later tonight, I am actually quite hungry." Rosie smiled, amusement in her eyes as she examined the flicker of emotions careening across his face. "Come on." She prompted, slipping off of the counter and pulling him through to the changing rooms again. "Your hair is perfect, and my stomach is rumbling, as attractive as that is."

"Incredibly." James replied in a hum, although he couldn't deny the figure of need dancing arouund his insides. "They should have left us a seat, but we'll have to get there quickly to make sure we have some of the best options."

And after that, they did just that, James hurrying through the rest of his proceess to get dressed and the pair of them making their way up the long path to the castle, laughing and joking and producing saracastic remarks all the way. Arriving at the Great Hall was almost being ambushed; majority of the school had turned out to watch the match and thus, absolutely everyone had descended on the large space for their lunch with little to no exceptions. 

But, despite the amount of noise they had been hit with as soon as they approached and the sight of the mountains of food diminishing quickly, Sirius, Remus and Peter had ensured their would be seats for James and Rosie. They were right besides Marlene, Mary, Alice and Lily, much to their excitement and the couple - who weren't exactly a couple but currenly percieved in that way - slipped in between them.

"Hiding in plain sight again, huh?" Sirius commented, pulling a platter of cut baguette sandwiches stuffed full of tasty, colourful filling froom beneath Peter's nose and handing it over to them.

"Shush." James ordered, taking one of the sandwiches stuffed with seasoned chicken, dressing and a varied vegetable salad and passing it on to Rosie, who took her time in choosing. "You'll jinx it." 

"Yeah," Rosie nodded, picking out one of the sandwiches and taking a sip of her drink. "You don't want to.... oh shit." 

"What?" Behind the glasses, James's eyes flickered with horror as he turned to Rosie, whose eyes were on the front of the hall, where the table on which the teachers ate stood filled with all the professos. "Oh shit." He mirrored her words.

Their eyes had landed on none other than Professor McGonagall, who seemed to have seen through their excuses and lies and was now making a beeline straight for them. And it could hardly be mistaken for anything else; her eyes were directly on Rosie and she looked furious. 

Rosie was out of her seat before James could even ask her to, respect glimmering in his expression at the thought of her being the exact perfect fit, and the Potter copied her actions. "We'll hide, check the map later and bring us supplies. Food. I mean food." He ordered.

"You got it." Sirius smirked. "Until then, willful ignorance - we have no idea who you are."

"Thanks." Rosie grinned. "I appreciate it."

And with that, the two of them bolted off, heading back through the doors they had just come through.