˗ˋ 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE 
DISTRACTS HIM

. . .

Rosie was, rather suddenly, very much comfortable despite the circumstances. She had managed to infiltrate the walls of Hogwarts alongside what she only thought to be a casual hookup - but neither could deny that they enjoyed each others company. So much so that Rosie was sat at the Gryffindor breakfast table, talking to his friends and wearing one of his old Quidditch jumpers, alongside a scarlet skirt she had borrowed from Marlene and her collared shirt as well.

She was wearing some of Marlene's shoes as well, and it seemed to be the blonde who she got on with most. Alice and Mary were nice enough to her, but as expected, Lily was somewhat aloof in her attitude towards her. Not necessarily mean or cold, but just... off. 

But Rosie didn't mind so much. It must have been a strange feeling to see your ex move on so quickly, even though you were the one to break up with them. However, as much as she was involved, Lily's attitude wasn't Rosie's problem, and she would just treat her like she was treating every single one of her friends.

"You know, Quidditch captain." Rosie turned to James in the midst of another conversation, greeted with the sight of the Potter staring mournfully down at his plate. "To say that you're so confident about your skills, you're not looking too happy right now."

James dragged his gaze away. "What?" He blinked, almost going crossed-eyed as she reached to push up his glasses. "Uhm, thanks." He sighed. "I'd like to pretend otherwise, but you're right. I think I might just throw it all up if I try and take another bite."

"Any particular reason why?"

"We're playing against Slytherin. Table in complete green and looking like they'll murder you if you breathe in their direction." James directed her attention to it, watching as her gaze slid over the rather threatening, cold figures of the students that belonged to the house. "Slytherin and Gryffindor have.. quite the rivalry. If we beat them, well it's pretty obvious that the rest of the season will go well."

"I have complete faith that you'll beat them." Rosie mused, meeting James's eyes again. "What? From what I know about the school from my mum's very reluctant description, if they cheat as much as she said then there's no chance. Cheating can only get you so far really. There's a point in things were it just won't help with. Trust me, I would know."

"And how would be?" Sirius asked, interrupting the conversation and providing enough distraction for Rosie to take the sausages and bacon that James had loaded onto his plate as soon as he sat down yet never touched, and began to cut it up.

"I play. Quidditch, that is." Rosie replied, James's eyes lighting up as he listened. An idea had sparked in her mind just moments before, and now it was the perfect time to put it into play. She stabbed a bit of the cut-up sausage. "Come on, open up." She ordered, lifting the fork up. "Yeah, I played when I was in London. I'm a Chaser."

"Perfect." James didn't think twice before eating the food presented in front of him, chewing thoughtfully. "So am I. I could probably get you playing if-"

"I think that might be pushing the waters a little too far." This time, it was a piece of bacon, along with one of the fried mushrooms from the platter that she reached out to feed him. "Another time, perhaps, but as of now, I think I'll have just about enough fun for one day. But I do play in a league up in London. That's pretty much the reason I'm here."

"Really?" Sirius looked interested. "I've never heard of a league in London. Especially not with players of our age."

"That's the point. But not our focus right now." Rosie waved him away, continuing to feed James his breakfast without him actually realising it. Both best friends looked far too interested to let the topic go, and Rosie let out a sigh. "Fine. I'll tell you one thing. It's entirely exclusive."

Their eyes widened further, but they knew they couldn't ask any more and left it at that, despite questions burning in their minds as James chewed on a small, neatly cut piece of toast. "You'll have to stay another night." He mused, as people around them began to move around. "There'll be a celebration party tonight."

"I might have to go get more supplies. There isn't any left from last night, right?" James shook his head at her words, before finally coming to his senses and looking down at his plate. 

"Woah." He blinked as the group got to their feet to follow the other students down to the Quidditch stadium for the match in less than half an hour. "How did you do that - I don't even feel remotely sick."

Rosie smirked over at him as she began to walk forwards. She shrugged.

"Magic."

a/n
would it make more
sense for this book to
be set in seventh year?

also i have a reggie fic out