˗ˋ 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY WAKE

. . .

Rosie was never sure that Sandy was ever this slutty, but the next morning when her eyes blinked awake in the greyish light of November 1st, she found her outfit long discarded onto the wooden flooring of the dorm room and scarlet-coloured sheets pulled up over her body and James fast asleep on the other side of her.

Her head was pounding like nobodies business and she so wished that she had another bottle of that hangover remedy that Freya had given her. But alas, what she did have was in her room above the Three Broomsticks, and she was currently in Gryffindor tower, which was more than a way away.

Hesitantly, her hand clutching the covers to her chest with one hand, she used the other to push down into the mattress and elevate herself, eyes darting around the room. In the other beds there were figures slumped over, one holding two people like James', another empty, and the other two filled by a slim lump that could only be one person.

"Ah shit." She muttered to herself as she shifted her portion, hands covering her eyes as they began to ache. "Fuck sake."

Rosie couldn't quite believe she had fallen asleep in the boys dorm - or even participated in the acts that had caused her to end up there. Perhaps it wasn't such a bright idea for her to tell James he just needed to have fun, because she really hadn't intended to sleep with him again.

But in that sense, Rosie shouldn't have accepted the invitation to the party. It was obvious what would end up happening, especially with the amount of alcohol she had nicked to supply it. She was the one who had suggested it, and thus was the one who had put everything in place for such thing to happen.

James had kissed her first, after her speech about the rebound process. Rosie knew it was perhaps the most healthy thing to do - move on and prove that if he didn't want to show her he cared (and James confirmed that he did want that), then he should do just that.

But Rosie was a little guilty - only in the sense that she did enjoy booking up with James. Who wouldn't; he was attractive, played Quiddirxh and it showed, was funny and had the same sort of mindset to the Rosemary's girl.

They had fun, that was all.

"Hey." The mutter of a reply to her swearing caused Rosie to jump out of her skin, hand over her heart as she turned to look at James. "Sorry... sorry."

Rosie just offered a smile, eyes fluttering closed as she laid back down again, James's arm around her shoulder. There were quiet stirrings out the room at the sudden wakening, and knowing that there was no way she would be able to get to sleep again, she looked around again.

"No one else awake?" James groaned, no doubt in the same position as the girl beside it.

"Nope." Rosie replied, a hand to her forehead as she tried to battle past the headache that was currently running in her ears. "Hey - Potter."

"Mhm?" The boy replied.

Rosie paused. "Do you regret it?" She asked. There was nothing to tell her what had prompted her to ask the question, but there was just a niggling feeling in her stomach that pushed the words out of her.

There was a small bout of silence.

"Nope." James confirmed, rolling over to face her, face lit up by the beam of light through the window. "Do you?"

Rosie shook her head definitively. "Definitely not." She replied, a smile on her face as she examined the handsome features before her.

James's eyes travelled over her shoulder, landing on the alarm clock the other side. "Shit." He swore, and in an action he mostly likely regretted, he shot up from the bed, Rosie watched as he made his way to each bed and shaking the sleeping figure inside.

She had absolutely no idea what he was doing, and neither did Sirius, Peter, Remus and the final sleeping figure. But James was doing the absolute most to make sure they were awake, and when his friends were waking up and groaning about their headaches. he turned back to Rosie.

"We have a Quidditch match." That seemed to be James's only explanation, as he began to rifle through drawers and pulling out a bundle of red fabric. "But first breakfast - put this on, you're coming with."