Chapter Nineteen

Tamel walked into King's study and saw Wiz hard at work on King's desktop.

"Anything?" Tamel asked walking up to the desk.

"What was that gunshot?" Wiz asked.

"You find anything?" Tamel ignored Wiz's question entirely.

"Yeah," Wiz said and pointed at the screen. "He had some serious firewalls but nothing that I couldn't handle."

"So what you got?" Tamel inquired squinting his eyes at the numbers he saw flashing on the screen,

"Bank accounts," Wiz said. "Hefty ones. But one in particular should interest you the most."

Wiz started typing something and a name popped up with a bank account routing number attached.

"Street," Tamel almost said that name like a whisper.

"Yep, the same niggas you said been fucking with you," Wiz said. "They're on the King's payroll."

"You got anything else on him or them?" Tamel asked moving closer to the screen.

Wiz tapped the computer keys again and a list of building information and properties showed up on the screen.

"I assume those are his trap houses," Wiz informed.

Tamel nodded. "I need to get a hold of Train."

Tamel patted Wiz on the shoulder. "Good job. Hey, is there any way you can get into that safe down there?"

Wiz looked below him at the safe under the desk.

"Mass Lock," Wiz said the name branded on the safe. "Okay, I can hack into their records, see when they sold it, maybe found a back door to how to open it."

Tamel smiled. "You are definitely worth your weight in gold. But we are on a time clock. I know it's only going to be a matter of time before his boys came back and then we are really going to have a war on our hands. So let's chop chop this thing."

Wiz nodded. "On it."

Tamel walked back in the living room where one of Bloody's henchmen was rolling up Carmel in a rug. Tamel looked at the couch where a part of Carmel's brain fragment was still splattered on the exterior.

Tamel didn't mean to kill her like that. Truth is that he was the reason she was the way she was and she had every reason to hate him. Tamel knew Carmel was only speaking her mind. But at that time Tamel's temper got the best of him. He reacted instead of thinking. That was something he trained himself not to do. Being sharp and never reacting off emotion was how he survived this long in the game. It was how he managed to build an empire and keep it as long as he did.

Lady Gayle expected to jump and react to her orders. Instead he was in her rival's house setting up his next move. Tamel decided a long time ago that if once he stepped foot in the game, he was going to change it and make it work for him.

The decision that brought him into the high ranks of the game was also the thing that Carmel will never forgive him for. Tamel tried to camouflage the betrayal by making her work at the strip spot he once owned and make it seem like he was doing her a favor. He thought Carmel had let bygones be bygones. But she hadn't. She still had that loath and disgust for him and Tamel was tired of trying to cleanse his soul of an act he couldn't avoid.

"We roll out in a few," Tamel said. "See of that bitch Boss is up."

Tamel watched the dread that had rolled up the carpet, throw it over his shoulder like it was nothing. It was like a dead person wasn't even in it.