Chapter fourteen

Tamel smiled and sipped his coffee. He felt like he was in a spy movie. He looked at the laptop monitor that Wiz was resting on his lap. The screen showed all the surveillance cameras that were linked into King’s estate. Tamel just shook his head at how funny life was. The same equipment you use to protect you could also be the ones that can trap you.

Wiz cocked his head and glanced at Tamel. “I can’t believe he just walked in.”

“Then you don’t know Train,” Tamel smiled again.

Wiz was a straight computer geek and worked as a Wall Street analyst. He made good money the legal way but even more money the illegal way. Wiz set up false credit accounts and dummy companies and corporation to move people’s money that didn’t want to be registered with the Internal Revenue Service.

Tamel meet Wiz through one of Lady Gayle’s contact to set up the accounts like the one for the Chicken Strip. Wiz, fortunately, had other talents like what he was displaying today.

Wiz had used the tracker from Carmel’s phone when Train called her back. It pinpointed her location exactly. Wiz then got into the surveillance system to King’s estate using the cable lines to see what King saw through his monitors. Train just volunteered to go in.

But Tamel was not too far behind for backup. They were only a short distance away in Wiz’s Nissan Pathfinder. Tamel looked at the screen at how cool and collective Train was as he entered the estate getting past security by Wiz cutting out their feed.

Train was already at the door by the time the screens became active again and then the guards come running up behind him.

Tamel shook his head. Train was just the guy. He would walk into a burning building and get mad that the air was sucking the light out of his blunt.

Tamel sat down his coffee on the dashboard and tapped his leg with the cell phone he had in his hands. He just checked on Blitz and Blitz assured him everything was fine. Tamel was still a little worried. He hated leaving that much responsibility on his homey but he had no choice. He had to lay low and get his house in order.

Lady Gayle had him on edge and he hated that feeling. Tamel wasn’t born into this game but he learned a lot getting into it. First rule was always to get the upper hand. Legends don’t become legends unless they know what they have to risk and what they have to gain for that risk.

Stepping up to Lady Gayle’s competition was beyond risky. It was damn near suicidal but it was a move that had to be done. All that was happening to them had to be the works of this man or at least authorized by him. Train didn’t care either way. Train just wanted to go. That was the one thing Tamel never understood about Train. Tamel always felt like Train had a death wish. Tamel didn’t know much about their father but from what he did hear, their father was pretty much the same way.

Tamel looked at the screen and almost lost it as he pointed at the screen.

“That’s her!” Tamel couldn’t believe that Charmaine was actually in the estate but what caught him was who was with her. “And there goes that bitch Carmel. What the hell is going on?’

Wiz looked at the computer screen that was showing the surveillance camera display that was in the house and shook his head. “You know who that is?”

Wiz was pointing to the bald head man that was waving away the guards and talking to Train.

“No,” Tamel shook his head.