Shortie

Sorry for such a long upload! Thanks for all your comments I totally over ruled her on that one! Hope you like :D

“So you are in your own pack?” my question broke the silence that fell upon us.

“In a way yes” he murmured closing his eyes.

“Can you join the original pack again?” I had no idea about any of this wolf stuff but I was trying my best to help Jake out. He helped me and it’s my turn now.

“One of us has to drop are alpha rank” His voice was a monotone and since his eyes were closed there was no way I could read the emotion in them.

“It is possible though?” I pressed.

“Yes,” he sighed “but it’s not that easy. Dropping down a rank takes away some of your pride and…” he paused and I rubbed his arms again, encouraging him to continue. “And I don’t know if I want to”

I frowned at him even though he couldn’t see it. Why wouldn’t he want to? The pack is people he grew up with, his best friends. Why not be in a pack again with them?

“Why?” I whispered into his hair.

“Its easier on your own” he only whispered it but I heard. I pulled back and he opened his eyes, staring deep into mine. I had to look away quickly or else I would get lost in them.

“How would it be easier Jake? There’s no one to help you, no one to keep you company. They are your friends Jake, why give it away?” I looked at his face from the corner of my eye. He was staring at me intently, making me blush. He had the look of a puppy that had just been shouted at because they chewed there owners shoe.

I moved to position my self behind him again wrapping my arms around his chest. He leant back into his original position; resting his head on my collar. Maybe my voice did come out a bit too harsh and I apologised to him with my eyes.

I buried my head in his still wet hair. He still had that woody smell of pine but underneath I could smell my shampoo. I waited for him to speak, when he felt like telling me he would.

“The pack can read each others mind” he finally said.

“Really?”

“You sound so amazed” he gave out a relieved laugh, Like he was expecting me to call him crazy.

“I am amazed. How does that work?”

He chuckled again “Just as it sounds. What ever we think everyone hears”

“Everything?” I strained out, blushing.

“Yes, everything” he laughed a little uncomfortable. He shook it off and continued “anyway, I don’t want to have to listen to them over this.”

“It will be ok Jake. They will forgive you” I kissed his temple and held him closer to me.

“I feel like an idiot” he growled jumping of the bed. “Why can’t I control my anger!” he started pacing and his whole body was vibrating.

“Jake calm down!” I shouted standing up. I reached out to touch his shoulder but he pushed my hand away and backed up against the wall.

“Don’t” he ground out between his teeth, closing his eyes tightly and tensing his fist. “I could hurt you”

“Stop pushing your self down” I said angrily “It’s only a curse if you make it. You can control it” I ignored his protests and pushed him onto the bed placing my hands on his cheeks. He still wouldn’t look at me and closed his etes.

“Open your eyes Jake” I said irritated. He didn’t make any move.

“Now” I growled out.

He sighed and opened his eyes. He looked like he had given up on everything. He stared into my eyes not saying anything.

“Stop thinking so badly of your self” I whispered leaning down to rest my forehead on his. “Jake this isn’t you. The Jake I know is happy and used to hug me so hard I could hardly breathe. I hate to see you so down but I am here for you”

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist “What am I going to do?”

“You have to talk to them”

Yeah this chapter sucks but I am being forced off the computer now so I tried to end it at a good bit. The next chapter will be better and longer hopefully! Fan vote and comment! Thanks Xxx