somehow.

TW: swearing

this song is very very good and kind of has the same emotion as the chapter :)

~ h/c: hair color

~ h/l: hair length 

~ e/c: eye color

~ y/n/n: your nickname (if you don't have one just pretend it says y/n :))

(carry me out is on repeat 💃✨) 

enjoy!

Omniscient Narrator's POV

He was terrified, he was confused, and he was alone. The past five months had been awful, consisting of searching for someone he knew. A week ago, he had discovered a new part of the tunnels, where he had never been. Walking for what felt like hours, he only found miles and miles of signs. No luck. Just as he was about to give up, he could hear footsteps. They didn't belong to an adult, that's for sure. 

He turned a corner and saw a girl reading some of the signs, with her back turned to him. Once he saw her h/l, h/c hair he knew it could only be one person. She must have heard him walking, because shortly after she addressed him although with the wrong name. 

"Duncan, I thought I told you to wait in the..." she began while turning around. "Wait, what the fuck?" Her eyes grew wide with surprise as she looked him up and down, trying to confirm it was the right person. 

"Y/n?" he questioned. It had to be her.

"Quigley!? How the hell are you alive?" she ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Though she tried to stop it, tears flowed from her eyes and she dropped to the floor.

"Hey, hey, hey calm down. It's alright." He wasn't the best at dealing with this sort of stuff, so he just hugged her until she stopped crying.

"Sorry, sorry. Is it really you? I thought you were- you know..."

"My mother led me into these tunnels when the house burned down. I've been living down here ever since." he replied. 

"How did you survive? I mean, wouldn't you run out of supplies?" Y/n said.

"I honestly don't know how I had enough supplies to last me five months, but that doesn't matter. Now that I found you, we can get out of here!"

"That sounds great, but first we have to get Duncan and Isadora. They'll be so glad to see you!" Y/n said excitedly.

"Wait, they're alive?" Quigley asked in bewilderment. Y/n nodded.

"Yep, they're safe and alive. We should get back to them though, just in case." The two of them walked back to where Y/n entered the tunnel, and they pushed open the trapdoor with much more ease since there were two of them. Once their eyes adjusted to the darkness, Y/n banged on the large metal door that separated the two rooms.

"Duncan, Isadora! I'm back!" she yelled. No answer. The two of them continued to pound on the door while screaming their names. They were just about to give up when they heard the clanging of metal against metal. Muffled screams came from the other side as Duncan and Isadora were taken away. 

"NO!" Quigley yelled. He turned to Y/n, expecting her to react similarly. A look of horror grew across her face, and her e/c eyes shone with confusion. She stood like this for another moment, until something snapped in her.