fire.

TW: cursing, violence, death

It all happened so fast. I was awakened to the sound of glass breaking and my father screaming,

"Y/n, get the hell out!" over and over again. The strong ashy scent of my wooden floor burning under my feet filled my nose. Smoke filled my lungs, and I ran out of my room to find my father. A piece of the roof caved in and fell on my back, knocking me to the ground.

"Shit!" I yelled as I tried to extinguish the fire burning from the piece of roof. I managed to crawl out from under the rubble. Ouch, that's gonna leave a scar. I army crawled to the door, not realizing that my father hadn't turned up in my escape. I yelled for him, but no answer. I could only assume he had died already, until I heard his terrified screams as he slowly burned to death. 

My eyes stung with smoke and tears, my back was hurting like hell, and I just heard my father being burned alive. I had no choice but to make my way to Mulctuary Money Management, where Mr. Poe worked.

                                                                Time skip because I'm lazy 😻

 I arrived at the office of Mr. Poe, standing awkwardly over his desk as he violently coughed into  a cloth handkerchief. 

"Mr. Poe, I-" I began. The phone rang, and he picked it up.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Maybe. Seven. Yes. Bye." he said into the phone, with a pause after each word. "You were saying, Ms. L/n?"

"I was SAYING, my home was destroyed in a fire and my dad died. You're supposed to help me, where am I gonna go next?" I was annoyed at this point. Mr. Poe reached into a file cabinet with my last name on it. He rifled through it for a while, and then he turned to me.

"Y/n, I'm sorry but I'm afraid your mother died two years ago. She was your last living relative, besides your father of course. I'm afraid I'll have to send you to boarding school at Prufrock Prep." he coughed again. Great, now my mother's dead too. How fun. Upon hearing the name of the school, Mr. Poe's secretary looked up. 

"Prufrock Preparatory School?" she asked rhetorically, keying something into her typewriter. She rushed out of the room, and Mr. Poe turned to me with a small smile and a shrug. He handed me a bag and told me to go change in the restroom. 

After I was done changing into the new clothes, which I assumed to be my school uniform, I was driven to my new school. It had dead grass, buildings shaped like gravestones, and a bunch of children in the front lawn being bossed around by a girl in a pink dress . How cheerful. Mr. Poe bid me farewell and told me to wait on the bench until the vice principal came to talk to me. I sat down on an empty bench, passing five students, two on one side and three on the other. The two sitting together seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. I'd learn their names later. 

                                                                           End of chapter two.

a/n~ hi! i hope you liked this chapter, i'll be updating again tomorrow! 

word count~ 525

time to write~ 1 hour 

-olivia <33