4 - Bittersweet Café

The first week of school passed by quickly as everyone was starting to settle in. The kids were slowly getting used to waking up at the crack of dawn.

The days went by normally one after another. Our favorite group of four kept in touch throughout the week, posting funny memes or cute pictures (mostly Mia and Haley) in the group chat. They all decided to go to a Café called Bittersweet that was in town on Saturday.

The morning came before they knew it, as they all got ready to go out. Paul came to pick Leon up, while Haley offered to pick up Mia. After a brief drive between the two duos, they finally met up in the parking lot of the Bittersweet Café.

The two girls seemed to have arrived first in the parking lot. The girls smiled as they saw the boys pulling in shortly after. They started to get out of the car.

"Awe mannn, took you boys long enough!" Haley said slightly irritated. She was wearing a cute sundress that really showed off her tan skin tone, while also bringing out her light blue eyes.

Leon responded, "Hey, you can blame tough guy over here; he drives like a grandma."

"Oh, c'mon now you guys!" Paul said stepping in, "I didn't want to mess up the new car! It's only been a week of school! Plus, I'm sure there will be plenty of hot ass girls I'll meet throughout the year, I'm not trying to risk that!"

The two guys were wearing shorts and colorful T-shirts. Leon had his hair styled.

Haley spoke up, "Oh, you realllllly have a one-track mind don't you Paul? Not like my sweet Leon over here, he's suchhh a gentleman."

Leon looked like he was talking on his phone. He said out loud, "What's that mom? Yeah, I think I'm heading back home, there seems to be a crazy girl here."

Haley said back annoyed, "Okay! Okay! I'll stop! Geeze you're no fun... stupid."

Leon couldn't help but laugh. "Well, how are you feeling Mia? Are you excited not to be in school right now?"

Mia was dressed in another 80's ensemble. She looked cute. As if she was pulling it off effortlessly. Her shy demeanor really added to the charm.

Mia told Leon, "Mhm of course!" She looked at Paul. "I'm just happy to be here with you guys!"

Paul's cheeks got a tiny bit redder. He thought, "Damn, was Mia always this cute? What the hell is happening here?"

Paul shook his head and snapped back to reality. "Alright you guys," the boy said while charging ahead, "let's head in and grab a table!"

Leon looked confused. "I wonder what's gotten into him? Anyways, let's kick it ladies."

The two girls nodded as they all headed in together. The four walked into the Café with Leon holding the door for everyone.

Paul mumbled under his breath, "Tsk. What a shocker."

"What's that bro?" Leon replied instantaneously.

Paul said defensively, "Oh, I was just thinking of what I wanted to order!"

The barista greeted the four with a smile and told them to grab any open table. She told the kids that the server would be with them shortly after. They thanked her and found a spot to sit down.

Haley said in excitement, "Ooooo this place has suchhh a cute vibe to it; I'm really digging it!"

The others agreed and started to chat with each other. They noticed a girl walking up to their table. The girl spoke up, "Hey there folks! I'll be taking your order today-"